Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How many of you have ever done Ahren's Presses?

How many of you have ever done Ahren's Presses?


I tried them last week and I think I might use them for a while to switch things up. Difficult, to say the least.

ACURA TL-S I tried them last week and I think I might use them for a while to switch things up. Difficult, to say the least. description, pictures, what the hell is this?

D. Ahrens Press Chuck Ahrens is relatively unknown to most modern trainees, but in his time he was considered to have the strongest shoulders and arms in the world. He was so wide he looked unreal! In his prime, Ahrens could do reps with 200 pound dumbbells in the shoulder press (some people even claim to have seen him press a 300 pound dumbbell with one arm), perform 28 reps with 405 in the bench press, and perform a slow and controlled concentration curl with a 115 pound barbell. One of his shoulder exercises was very peculiar: he'd do overhead dumbbell presses, but instead of pressing them straight up he'd press them up and away laterally (basically doing a "V" with both arms). He had no choice but to press in this matter because he used special loadable dumbbells that were very long; pressing them straight up was thus impossible without the bells hitting each other. What this exercise does is place the shoulders, especially the medial portion of the deltoid, under greater tension as the movement gets completed.

looks interesting. might have to try those tomorrow in place fo the regular db shoudler press

i might try these!

those #s are bs

115lb barbell isn't impressive at all for a curl

Werdna 115lb barbell isn't impressive at all for a curl One armed concentration curls?

cavefish One armed concentration curls? why is he curling a barbell with one arm then?

Hell I don't know but I seriously doubt someone who benched 405 for 28 reps and DB shoulder pressed 300 would only curl 115 with a barbell.

I've done them quite a bit before i cut down on how much overhead pressing I do. I liked them a lot.

cavefish Hell I don't know but I seriously doubt someone who benched 405 for 28 reps and DB shoulder pressed 300 would only curl 115 with a barbell. I agree. Those numbers are believable.

ouch. cant be good for rotators does it hurt?

Sounds like some Irish drink to me

I don't know if I can believe what he benched, but I will have to try these.

200lb db shoulder presses? 300 lbs? bs ronnie just got some 200lb dbs and im not sure if he can do them yet on flat bench

Uh...Ronnie does sets of 10 with the 200lb DB's in a video thats several years old.

But on the other hand Noxen, you may be onto something. Here's an interesting little read on the guy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cyberpump14.htm

cavefish Uh...Ronnie does sets of 10 with the 200lb DB's in a video thats several years old. in the cost of redemption he does 160lb db overhead presses..

I was referring to flat bench.

i believe the number and the hype.

cavefish I was referring to flat bench. i dont think he db presses the 200s on fb yet he just got them for his birthday or something..he does do shrugs with them though..

NoXeN i dont think he db presses the 200s on fb yet he just got them for his birthday or something..he does do shrugs with them though.. that was 250's. He does the 200's for 12 in some video, they zoom the camera right up to the "200" on the side of the dumbell before they show him doing them.

ahh my mistake

It looks dangerous for shoulders.

How many of you have ever done Ahren's Presses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts