Saturday, November 30, 2013

Is this "normal" when starting out? 2 Questions..

Is this "normal" when starting out? 2 Questions..


Some background info: I am about 5'4 and weight 200 lbs, which I know I'm a tub of lard. But, I'm trying my best to find a good diet and my friend told me this one was not healthy. But I kinda feel like I lost a little weight because my pants seem a bit looser and keep kinda falling off and I've never had that problem before. I haven't even been keeping track of my weight really because I know it fluctuates alot. ANYWAY I've been on an Atkins-like diet for about a month and really have found no problem with it... meaning I haven't felt physically wrong or sick. Basically for 2 meals a day, all you are allowed to eat is protein, like Atkins. However, unlike Atkins, for 1 meal you can eat pretty much whatever you want, but you have to eat it in like an hour, and no snacking or anything after that whatsoever. It's called the Carbohydrate's Addict diet. Does this diet seem effective? Is it healthy? Thats my first question. My second little problem is, I get tired very easily it seems, or out of breath very easily. I run the treadmill's programmed settings (their called trainers' programs- it auto changes the speed and incline every few minutes) and I'm tired in like 5 minutes. Is this normal? Is it just because of my weight? I feel that when I just run 5 minutes it doesn't do crap for me and I really do push my limit here. It's not like if I break a sweat I just hop off and thats all, I really do push on until my heart feels like its about to explode and my legs get all wobbly and I can barely breathe. But I feel like 5 minutes just isn't enough to do anything. Is this normal?

That diet seems shitty. I think you'll stall + plateau soon, then you will want to give up dieting and go back to your original weight. There is no point to that diet aside from trying to limit calorie intake through no carbs, then trying to maintain diet adherance through a free cheat meal a day.... Its because of your weight and because of your diet. Go at a slower pace and work your way up. Probably because you are/were more inactive, you don't know how to pace yourself.

after a month of dieting, I better look in the mirror and know damn sure I lost weight or I'd feel like I wasted my time.

AznRyda after a month of dieting, I better look in the mirror and know damn sure I lost weight or I'd feel like I wasted my time. lol yeah I know the feeling, I'm looking into other diets right now. I just feel kind of discouraged and guilty when I can only do like 5 minutes on the treadmill and I'm like what the hell this isn't going to do anything for me. Then with the diet, I've actually been ok with it... I've like "cheated" once, and that was when I was really hungry and out for the whole day. I just wish I didn't get hungry all the freakin time

superbri007 Those low carb diets will be good short term, for fast results, but over the long run your going to want something more practical. Most likely this carb addicts diet you describe will plateau soon and will not become effective. The key to fat loss is actually eating, eating at regular intervals to keep blood sugar nice and steady instead of off the charts or way up or down Christophers sticky on fatloss http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1561528 other important links from Ilyusha http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1715744 you may wanna try some light cardio for 30-40 mins on an eliptical on like, level 1-5. Or a walking pace on an incline treadmill Thank you very much, I'll try these and hopefully stick to em I'm afraid I get tempted easily because well, my parents buy the food in my house so I generally have little say in what we eat, and they get junk food. But I'll have to make do until I get my own apartment

but the diet itself is cheating incorporated into it. I was fat for a long time and I tried a lot of different things so I know. You just have to man up and eat a normalish diet like the one outlined in the stickys. You will grow to like the taste of healthy foods after awhile. If you need more motivation, then doing something like a PSMF could kick start your drive, but its hard. A regular diet is pretty easy to adhere too, especially at your weight. If you don't succeed on it, then you just don't want to lose weight enough (cheating and not worrying about porportions or making excuses or whatever).

Oh, and another thing. I am pretty healthy and inshape now, but I still hate running. So its not something you have to do. I'd rather do intense incline walking and elliptical or stairs any day. Running sucks balls.

I don't know if that diet is a great idea. If you're only eating twice a day you'll probably eat more than if you were to eat 4-5 modest plates of food. I'd say drop that diet you're on right now because low-carb diets generally don't help you out in the long-run unless you totally change your lifestyle. However, at that point the fat loss will be tapered off and the health side-effects will not be worth it. Just eat cleanly and do some cardio. If you can only do five minutes you need to slow down a little bit. Just pace yourself so you can last 20-30 minutes.

xpinchx If you can only do five minutes you need to slow down a little bit. Just pace yourself so you can last 20-30 minutes. Yea, the intensity is way too high, lower it a little, and ease into it, dont just start running in the beginning, because you'll soon realize you cant keep it up

xpinchx I don't know if that diet is a great idea. If you're only eating twice a day you'll probably eat more than if you were to eat 4-5 modest plates of food. I'd say drop that diet you're on right now because low-carb diets generally don't help you out in the long-run unless you totally change your lifestyle. However, at that point the fat loss will be tapered off and the health side-effects will not be worth it. Just eat cleanly and do some cardio. If you can only do five minutes you need to slow down a little bit. Just pace yourself so you can last 20-30 minutes. ah well the thing is... I heard that you have to keep your heart rate really high and stuff to get any benefit out of it. And when I'm just walking, I don't feel as if it's doing anything much. Is it though?

Doing a south beach/adkins/fad low carb high protein diet is FINE to get you kick started and to boost your motivation. You WILL lose some weight within the first few weeks of doing this tied in with lifting and exercise. HOWEVER, your progress will slow to a crawl and this is where you have 2 options: 1. get discouraged, give up and blow right back up to your original weight, if not bigger -OR- 2. eat clean and healthy on a good schedule, continue to exercise and lift, and continue to lose weight at a reasonable pace.

www.bodyrecomposition.com If you're going to low-carb, do it right. Your progess *won't* slow with proper refeeds, etc. Look at Lyle's stuff on the Ketogenic Diet which is >atkins.

hi chief I've been on an Atkins-like diet for about a month and really have found no problem with it... meaning I haven't felt physically wrong or sick. Basically for 2 meals a day, all you are allowed to eat is protein, like Atkins. However, unlike Atkins, for 1 meal you can eat pretty much whatever you want, but you have to eat it in like an hour, and no snacking or anything after that whatsoever. It's called the Carbohydrate's Addict diet. Does this diet seem effective? Is it healthy? Thats my first question. Have you ever been on a "diet" before? The Atkins diet wants your body to go into a state of Ketosis. Low carb diets can cause your body to go into this dangerous metabolic state. During ketosis, the body forms substances called ketones, which can cause organs to fail and result in gout, kidney stones or kidney failure. Ketones can also dull a person's appetite, cause nausea and bad breath. Ketosis is prevented by eating at least 100 grams of carbohydrate per day. Fat makes you fat...I'd be more worried about that right now. My second little problem is, I get tired very easily it seems, or out of breath very easily. I run the treadmill's programmed settings (their called trainers' programs- it auto changes the speed and incline every few minutes) and I'm tired in like 5 minutes. Is this normal? Is it just because of my weight? Is this normal? To burn fat there are two states...aerobic and anaerobic. Aerobic basically means "living in oxygen". You are using your lungs to supply the oxygen your body needs to burn fuel(fat is the first to go because your body requires less "fuel" to burn it. In order to achieve this you must be "in oxygen" for twenty minutes or more for any real benefit. Anaerobic basically means "without oxygen". You are requiring your lean muscle mass to engage in a highly intense short term activity such as sprinting or weighlifting. Your body gasps for air and you will feel a fatiguing sensation as you reach this state. This is caused because the oxygen supply in your body has been used up. Having said that, Both are necessary if you wish to see any healthy results. The second you are out of breath on that treadmill, you are no longer in an aerobic state...SLOW DOWN. you have to build a fitness level...Like lifting weights, you aren't going to start with the 200lb. set right? You have to build up to it...
























Is this "normal" when starting out? 2 Questions..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts