Sunday, November 24, 2013

Help with goals

Help with goals


I'm 6'2", about 175 lbs. I want to get stronger and look better. Cut abs, bigger arms, legs. Lose some fat and add some muscle. Maybe a goal of 190 lbs? I'm planning on a 3 days/week weight lifting routine with chest/tri, back/bi, and legs/shoulders days. And then some cardio in between. I'm thinking about using the diet thread sticky as a guide. I don't have much time for all this and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to the gym even 3 times a week. I do have some of those resistance bands lying around here and might use them as a substitute. Anyone had experience with these at all? I'm just trying to figure out if this is the best way to get to my goal and get some other people's ideas/opinions.

Good luck gaining 15lbs and cutting simultaneously.

ralyks Good luck gaining 15lbs and cutting simultaneously. Yea... that's why I'm posting here. If I knew what I was doing, why would I bother? I understand that's supposed to be a hard thing to do. So how about a better way?

You most likely have very little muscle to cut down to, so my suggestion would be to bulk for a while.. maybe to 210lbs or so, and then cut. Remember, you're 6'2", so 210lbs wouldn't be bad at all on you (most people here would consider that fairly average, if not small, but I'm telling you 210 so you don't freak out).

Ilyusha You most likely have very little muscle to cut down to, so my suggestion would be to bulk for a while.. maybe to 210lbs or so, and then cut. Remember, you're 6'2", so 210lbs wouldn't be bad at all on you (most people here would consider that fairly average, if not small, but I'm telling you 210 so you don't freak out). That was my thought. What is a good bulking diet... and workout?

SLO2 That was my thought. What is a good bulking diet... and workout? Search for Christophers' "here's what built me a base" routine.. or you can use this one: day 1: upper body 1) flat bench- 4-6 sets of 4-6 reps 2) heavy triceps - 4-6 sets of 5-8 reps 3) barbell rows-4-6 sets of 8-10 reps 4) rear/side/front raises-4-5 sets of 10-15 reps 5) biceps - pick a movement and do 4 sets of whatever reps day 2: lower body 1) full squats-4-6 sets of 4-6 reps 2) romanian deadlift-4-5 sets of 8-10 reps 3) reverse hypers, pull through's, or back raises-4-5 sets of 8-12 reps 4) heavy ab work 5) optional extra quad movement if you want "burn", but 100% not neccesary day 3: upper body #2 1) dumbell bench-4-5 sets of 8-12 reps 2) volume triceps-pick an extention, 1/4 dips, etc-4-5 sets of 10-12 reps 3) chin ups/pullups-4-5 sets of 8-10 reps, weighted or not 4) overhead pressing once every 2 weeks-3-5 sets of 6-10 reps 5) biceps, pick one movement for 4-5 sets day 4: lower body #2 1) deadlifts or sumo deadlifts - 5-6 sets of singles, or triples. dont deadlift every single week. for those weeks you don't, take it easy. 2) step ups, single leg squats, lunges-3-5 sets of 8-12 reps 3) leg curls-3-6 sets of 10-12 reps 4) heavy abs A good diet would be eat a shit ton of food and then eat some more. I don't have experience in bulking, so other people may suggest something else; however, I would just eat A LOT.

Ilyusha A good diet would be eat a shit ton of food and then eat some more. I don't have experience in bulking, so other people may suggest something else; however, I would just eat A LOT. hahaha, thanks man.

And I'm not really trying to get huge... just stronger and more cut.


































Help with goals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts