Sunday, December 1, 2013

correct form for an arnold press?

correct form for an arnold press?


I'm a relative noob to serious lifting. short bio - 5'11" on a good day. Former fatty who went from 240 of fat to 180 - . relatively lean, but anemic looking. Started lifting, got addicted. I'm back up about 195-200 from added muscle. For the past 18 monthes or so I've been seriously lifting and IMO made some great gains. I was sitting there doing my shoulder workout tonight and I realized that I'd only been shown the arnold press by one buddy, one time and I don't see too many other people at the gym doing it (university rec center) - and there's only half a dozen people out of the dozens I see that I would ever take advice from. Anyone have pics or explain proper technique on this? I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.



Welp, thats what I'm doing. I guess I'm good to go. Thanks

i do arnie presses about 3x a week...i keep the db's facing forward through the curl and turn them to press up through the shoulder movement. i keep the db facing fwd all the way down in the curl movement too. edit: unlike the animation there, i bring the db down to a hanging position at my sides, just like doing a regular bicep curl...then curl up and press overhead. hope this helps.

.maximum. edit: unlike the animation there, i bring the db down to a hanging position at my sides, just like doing a regular bicep curl...then curl up and press overhead. hope this helps. why? it's supposed to be a shoulder workout, why incorporate biceps?








































correct form for an arnold press?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts