Sunday, December 29, 2013

Critique my workout plz

Critique my workout plz


Mondays-Biceps/Legs alternating curls 4x10 preacher curls 4x10 hammer curls 4x10 squats 3x10 leg press 3x10 stiff-legged dead lifts 3x10 (we're REALLY weak on legs, once they get built up more, we'll be doing 4 sets 10 times) Wednesdays-Triceps/back Tricep pushdowns 4x10 reverse pushdowns (same thing but pulling down with my hands facing up) skullcrushers 4x10 overhead extensions Tate press Decline bench 4x10 Lat pull-downs 4x10 Seated rows 4x10 Deadlifts 3x10 T-bar rows 4x10 Friday-Chest/Shoulders Flat bench DB press 4x10 Incline bench 4x10 Deltoid Flys 4x10 Shoulder press 4x10 Shrugs 4x10 I increase weight after each set. Am I pretty much covering everything adequately? I know I need to start doing cardio really bad....

It would help if you said how many sets and reps you are doing of each exercise. I can see a few flaws, such as having more bicep work than tricep work, and only having one true shoulder movement.

How about you work legs before bi's and back before tri's...

Natezilla How about you work legs before bi's and back before tri's... Does it matter? We usually do a bicep/tricep workout then a leg/back workout and go back and forth. Is it better to do all the workouts for say...legs together?

TQ Does it matter? We usually do a bicep/tricep workout then a leg/back workout and go back and forth. Is it better to do all the workouts for say...legs together? Big muscles first, small muscles last.

Ilyusha It would help if you said how many sets and reps you are doing of each exercise. I can see a few flaws, such as having more bicep work than tricep work, and only having one true shoulder movement. Thats weird. My triceps are f-ing huge compared to my biceps. The guy I go to the gym with lifts the same as me on biceps but 30lbs less on triceps. What other should movements can I do?

TQ Does it matter? We usually do a bicep/tricep workout then a leg/back workout and go back and forth. Is it better to do all the workouts for say...legs together? I don't understand any of that.

Ilyusha Big muscles first, small muscles last. So I should do all my leg work first AND together? right?

TQ Thats weird. My triceps are f-ing huge compared to my biceps. The guy I go to the gym with lifts the same as me on biceps but 30lbs less on triceps. What other should movements can I do? Tate press, close grip bench, skullcrushers, rope pushdowns, overhead extensions, etc.

TQ So I should do all my leg work first AND together? right? Not necessarily. Before doing my current 4 day split, I was doing: M: Chest/Tris W: Back/Bis F: Legs/Shoulders Listed in order of body part done.

Natezilla I don't understand any of that. ok.... I do one leg workout then I do one bicep workout then I do another leg workout then another for biceps.... get it?

Ilyusha Tate press, close grip bench, skullcrushers, rope pushdowns, overhead extensions, etc. shit, i forgot about overhead extensions.... I already do skullcrushers and pushdowns...as well as reverse pushdowns

TQ shit, i forgot about overhead extensions.... I already do skullcrushers and pushdowns...as well as reverse pushdowns Tate Presses > * x11tybillion It's a trade secret, but I'm letting you in on it..

Ilyusha Tate Presses > * x11tybillion It's a trade secret, but I'm letting you in on it.. unfortunately I have no clue what tate presses are. edit: i figured it out through google

TQ unfortunately I have no clue what tate presses are. http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/tatetri.html

so generally speaking....am I getting a good balanced workout? my gym buddy seems to think we don't do chest/arms often enough

Ilyusha http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/tatetri.html wow those look good i just added them to my routine

TQ so generally speaking....am I getting a good balanced workout? my gym buddy seems to think we don't do chest/arms often enough nah i'd say yur chest/bi has enough volume... but then again im a noob broly

sr20wop wow those look good i just added them to my routine Just watch the weight you start with.. they are surprisingly difficult.

anything else I should add?

Ok just for reference....why exactly do I need to work the bigger muscles first?

bump

TQ bump ummmm... big > small

sr20wop ummmm... big > small well is my routine adequate or what? I wouldn't bump my thread if my questions were answered

TQ Mondays-Biceps/Legs alternating curls 4x10 preacher curls 4x10 loose one of these hammer curls 4x10 squats 3x10 leg press 3x10 stiff-legged dead lifts 3x10 (we're REALLY weak on legs, once they get built up more, we'll be doing 4 sets 10 times) Go heavier, a few more sets, less reps Wednesdays-Triceps/back Tricep pushdowns 4x10 reverse pushdowns (same thing but pulling down with my hands facing up) skullcrushers 4x10 board press, lockouts, and CG bench/ maybee decline would be good here too overhead extensions Tate press Lat pull-downs 4x10 Seated rows 4x10 BB/DB rows would be another good exercise, along with hypers Deadlifts 3x10 Friday-Chest/Shoulders Flat bench DB press 4x10 Incline bench 4x10 Decline bench 4x10 maybee better on tricep day Shoulder press 4x10 Shrugs 4x10 I increase weight after each set. Am I pretty much covering everything adequately? I know I need to start doing cardio really bad.... if u are bulking u dont have to do cardio, although it is not a bad idea, be sure to eat mroe. I would change the reps up some, and ad abs, u do not have one ab exerciser there. change ur shit up to something like this legs/shoulders Chest/tris back/bis and start with movements liek Squat Deadlift, Benchpress Compund>>> accesory

Critique my workout plz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts