Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hm..explanation on this?

Hm..explanation on this?


I do chest + tris once a week...I did it last week (monday) but that was the only day I worked out. Had knee surgery so I was stuck at home the whole week Anyways, at the gym today, I did BB 155x10, 165x8, 165x6. Last week when I did it I could only get about 4 or 6 on the last two sets. The week before, I got 4 on the 165 sets. Explanation for this? Is it possible that the week "off" from everything else let my muscles recover?

Overtraining.

Wouldn't doubt it..but still, sad if that's so.

knucks Wouldn't doubt it..but still, sad if that's so. Well then there's your answer. You aren't giving your muscles enough time to recover. I had the same problem with DB shoulder press a few months ago.. after not pressing for 2 weeks, I came back 10lbs stronger per DB.

How is a week not enough time to recover? Nothing going well for me in life.

knucks How is a week not enough time to recover? Nothing going well for me in life. What kind of volume are you doing per day/week, and how many times per week are you working your chest?

Ilyusha What kind of volume are you doing per day/week, and how many times per week are you working your chest? Not sure what you mean by volume..but I do this/similar to this once a week (Monday): flat bench (bb or db. i change it up here and there) incline bench (db) decline (smith) dips incline wide grip(machine) flys (once in a while..not really consistent with them)

knucks Not sure what you mean by volume..but I do this/similar to this once a week (Monday): flat bench (bb or db. i change it up here and there) incline bench (db) decline (smith) dips incline wide grip(machine) flys (once in a while..not really consistent with them) That looks like too much already.. how many sets/reps do you do per exercise?

3. today was a crappy day for me as I didn't want to over-do it on the first day back: flat bench (bb): 155x10, 165x8, 165x6 incline bench (bb..i hate doing this but my wrist has been bothering me): 95x10, 105x10, 105x8 decline (smith): 25s x 10, 30s x 10, 40 x 8 incline (machine): 60 (on each side) x 8, 60 x 8, 60 x 10, 60 x 10 i usually do 4 or 5 exercises for chest

I would do no more than 3-4 exercises with 3-5 sets each per week.






























Hm..explanation on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts