Monday, November 25, 2013

weak bench out of hole - lats?

weak bench out of hole - lats?


i think i found my bench weak spot. when going heavy, i revert to wide grip (ring fingers on power rings), arms out a bit too much, and the bar slightly higher than nipple level, when i think it should be at or lower than nipple level. im assuming i do this b/c im relying on shoulders over my lats. i dont think its my tris, once halfway and higher the weight is moving easy. its only the beginning of the movement that forces me into my retard position. is it lats? if so, im assuming hit the barbell rows more than i have been, huh? thx

Your problem is your form, not your lats.

christophers speed, chest, form, maybe lats you should be hitting lats twice/week at least speed - i dont like to bounce, so i give a millisecond pause at bottom. cept on speed days, the bars literally bounces out of my hands at the top of the movements chest is weak? possibly.. guess i just keep lifting and hope to fix that! form - ya, but only when its heavy or i pysche myself out. i guess ill just keep working on it. maybe ask a friend to tape me so i can see.. :/ i hit lats twice. once ME, once on DE. typically try to do DB raises, barbell row, lat pulldown (sometimes), or tbars.. i think i need to up intensity on it though. thx..

christophers speed, chest, form, maybe lats you should be hitting lats twice/week at least would you recommend 2 days a week with a higher volume lat workout say something like this 5xpullups 4xlat pull down, wide grip 3xlow cable pulleys 4xrack pulls 3xbent over BB rows

Leo95SE speed - i dont like to bounce, so i give a millisecond pause at bottom. cept on speed days, the bars literally bounces out of my hands at the top of the movements thats niot really speed, just bouncing the bar speed would be hopw fast you are moving the bar up, wuith the pause like speed on box squats, its not how fast u can get down and back up, but how fast you push the weight.

vettedude thats niot really speed, just bouncing the bar speed would be hopw fast you are moving the bar up, wuith the pause like speed on box squats, its not how fast u can get down and back up, but how fast you push the weight. in order for the bar to "bounce" at the top of the lift, it will need speed. I believe that was his point.

princess0fdiabl0 in order for the bar to "bounce" at the top of the lift, it will need speed. I believe that was his point. Do'h i did not see that...

Leo95SE i think i found my bench weak spot. when going heavy, i revert to wide grip (ring fingers on power rings), arms out a bit too much, and the bar slightly higher than nipple level, when i think it should be at or lower than nipple level. im assuming i do this b/c im relying on shoulders over my lats. i dont think its my tris, once halfway and higher the weight is moving easy. its only the beginning of the movement that forces me into my retard position. is it lats? if so, im assuming hit the barbell rows more than i have been, huh? thx isn't the bar supposed to go slightly over the nipples? Tha'ts what I do...

princess0fdiabl0 in order for the bar to "bounce" at the top of the lift, it will need speed. I believe that was his point. thx

yeah speed is more like explosive strength not so much pounding out the rep however the rep will go fast depending on how explosive you are

GOGZILLA yeah speed is more like explosive strength not so much pounding out the rep however the rep will go fast depending on how explosive you are and if its a max attempt? i should be explosive with it? in my mind i am, but that shits still heavy

I ahve just started hitting my lats twice a week, mainly because my spread sucks.

just as a followup http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=459799

ACURA TL-S I ahve just started hitting my lats twice a week, mainly because my spread sucks. whats a spread?

brolli whats a spread? www.google.com Lat spread

brolli whats a spread? Philly Cream Cheese.

ralyks Philly Cream Cheese. chirp chirp...

if your cream cheese chirps i suggest looking into a new container.

vettedude www.google.com Lat spread thats not a spread. this is a spread.












weak bench out of hole - lats?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts