Friday, December 20, 2013

I went running today

I went running today


I'm going to start going in the mornings now, becuase it's getting too hot, even at 5pm, to go running at night at a reasonable time. Ran between 4 and 5 miles (don't know for sure, it isn't measured) in about 35 minutes. My late June 10k goal time of 40 minutes is within reach

i went for a run yesterday also. got a nice tan its best to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomache anyway.

jonno i went for a run yesterday also. got a nice tan its best to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomache anyway. Very argumentative.

I do cardio on an empty stomach (well except for the morning vitamins and HEAT stack) and then later in the evening a few hours after lifting. I just tend to walk an hour at a time though as opposed to running long distances.

I get a much better workout if I have eaten something for energy

Ran again this morning, and both mornings on an empty stomach. When I'm training, I usually wake up and, less than 20 minutes later, I'm running, so I don't worry about empty stomach. The morning before a race, though, I usually have some toast and a banana or something to give me a little extra energy while still being easy on the ol' stomach. NEVER have pancakes before a race, though. (Learned that the hard way...)

I wish I had never stopped running. I find it hard to get myself back into the grind of things, but the New England weather seems to be very demotivational when it comes to wanting to go out in the cold. I'm heading to boot in Parris Island in September though and want to have a good endurance base. Right now I'm only at about 3-4 mile runs. It's a good feeling though.

40 minutes for a 10k? That's a mean pace man, good luck Something very relaxing about running. When I need to think about things or relieve stress, nothing really does it for me like just going for a smooth 5 miler and letting my mind wander wherever it needs to.

how much do you guys weight...after i passed ~175 lbs running became so hard

christophers eating before hand = better performance = moe calories burned. it doesn't have to be a huge meal. thats what my swim coach used to say..before 5:30am practice i would eat a plain bagel and sometimes a protein shake...the days i did that i had a much better workout than the days i didn't eat anything.

willg133 how much do you guys weight...after i passed ~175 lbs running became so hard 5'9" 182 give or take a few, haven't done shit for awhile but in the past couple weeks I've done a few 2.5-3 milers no problem at all

toconnx 40 minutes for a 10k? That's a mean pace man, good luck Something very relaxing about running. When I need to think about things or relieve stress, nothing really does it for me like just going for a smooth 5 miler and letting my mind wander wherever it needs to. My 10k PR from high school is 38:37 I'm just trying to get back into the groove after my freshman year of college, not eating very often and not working out. Running most definitely does it for me (relieves stress). willg133 how much do you guys weight...after i passed ~175 lbs running became so hard I'm 155 lbs at 5' 11.5". I got down as low at 145 during my freshman year, but have gained almost 10 lbs since the beginning of May. Running has brought my appetite back. Well, that and home-cooked meals

I'm 6'1" 190lbs. I've been picking up my running in prepartion for the Army. I can do about 4.2 miles in the 36min range. Its not too bad. It's a fairly hilly route. If you run enough weight is gonna play a smaller role. I'm sure there are 200+ lb guys that can run sub 6min miles. My MOS is 18x which is Special Forces Recruit. The SF guys are incredible shape. I got much room for improvement.

Well... I ended up running that race in 41:53 I had shin-splint problems and wasn't able to run much in the weeks leading up to the race. I AM, however, planning to run the race again this year, and based on recent workouts, I will be aiming for the 38 minute range

warm Well... I ended up running that race in 41:53 I had shin-splint problems and wasn't able to run much in the weeks leading up to the race. I AM, however, planning to run the race again this year, and based on recent workouts, I will be aiming for the 38 minute range still a decent time, 10k is like 5 miles right?

SteveO still a decent time, 10k is like 5 miles right? 10k is 6.2 miles. I ultimately want to get down to below 36 minutes so that I can join the cross country team at Georgia Tech when I go back this fall, but we'll see. Baby steps.

I'm 205 lbs and can still bust a sub 6 minute mile. It felt a little easier when I was 165 lbs through high school though. I think I'm around 9% bodyfat but I think I'd like to drop to about 185 lbs this summer. For what I like to do I think being thinner would be better even with losses in muscle mass.
















I went running today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts