Saturday, November 23, 2013

My cholesterol test results

My cholesterol test results


Went to the doctor a few weeks ago to have a few things checked out and ended up on dyazide for HBP. Funny thing I've had high reading since I was in my early 20s. I always heard the same thing, "Are you nervous?" Of course I wasn't, but I always shrugged it off just as the doctors and nurses did. A few weeks prior to this visit I had a pre-employment physical and they asked the same question and so I told them this and they checked me three times while I was there and the top number was still around 150. So they took blood that day and I got the lab results yesterday: cholesterol 197 recommend level < 200 Triglycerides 200 recommend level < 150 LDL 120 recommend level < 100 I just don't understand this shit. I'm the most health concious person I know. I've been working out four times a week for the last two and a half years. I always watch what I eat and avoid junk food. I know I need to bump my cardio up from the piddly 15 min jog three four times a week I've been doing lately, but I guess I could really use some suggestions as to what more I can do.

Oatmeal every morning.

Mike4831 Oatmeal every morning. I can't stand cooked oatmeal...though I do put it in my yogurt Eating some right now since I just got back from the gym not too long ago

get on some niacin for starters

RotorBalls I can't stand cooked oatmeal...though I do put it in my yogurt Eating some right now since I just got back from the gym not too long ago you've probably heard this before but raw oats + coffee grinder = win throw it in a protein shake

DEF you've probably heard this before but raw oats + coffee grinder = win throw it in a protein shake I haven't done protein shakes for a couple years now, but that is a damn good idea. If I decide to go back to Optimum I'll be sure to do that. I've never really done any suppliments. But I guess I'll look into a multi-vitamin or niacin as suggested.

superbri007 holy shit, i never thought of that usually i just throw them into the blender, but they don't mix too well yea, this works way better...the oats come out to a fine powder

RotorBalls I can't stand cooked oatmeal...though I do put it in my yogurt Eating some right now since I just got back from the gym not too long ago Well my dad had extremely high cholesterol and he ate oatmeal and took some medication every morning and his dropped about 50% in 2 months.

Mike4831 Well my dad had extremely high cholesterol and he ate oatmeal and took some medication every morning and his dropped about 50% in 2 months. I figured the HBP was hereditary cuz my mom is on BP meds. Are my levels really that bad? I need to read up on this stuff a little more. They sound kinda bad to me if they're that high above the max. I eat raisin bran usually for fiber, but when I run out I usually go without for a few weeks or more before I get back to the store

DEF yea, this works way better...the oats come out to a fine powder a blender works well too if you dont have a coffee grinder. SC oats even, the blender does not descriminate, it all gets ground into a fine powder

When I was in California for a few days my blood pressure was unusually high at 140 over 85. After a few days it was back down to 120 over 73. Anyway I've read that hawthorn berries supplements are good for bp and recently read that arginine (active ingredient in NO2 products) as well.

Damn. Seems like oatmeal is the ticket...

stop eating sugar and you will see a huge improvement

Moonwalker stop eating sugar and you will see a huge improvement I'm sure that's not a problem. I don't add sugar to anything I eat and I don't eat any kind of sweets (candy, candybars, icecream, etc). Hmmm lately I've been drinking pop/soda though No more soda for me I've always drank 32-64oz of water a day anyway

Fiber for the win! Some people just get dicked by their genetics.




















My cholesterol test results

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts