Friday, November 22, 2013

Bar placement for squats

Bar placement for squats


where is the bar supposed to sit when i'm doing squats? i'm fairly certain i have it in the right spot, but i want to make sure. also, is it normal for bruising to occur where the bar makes contact? i remember christophers saying that people generally need it lower than they have it naturally, so i've been trying to keep it as low as i can.

tize put it so low that you have to use the strength in your shoulders to actually hold the bar up when you are upright, on the descent the bar will be confortably supported by your traps and upper back same for good mornings?

I love mine low low on my traps. I used to have it almost on top of my shoulders and it would bruise the shit out of my neck, but now it's fine.

i put the bar on the lower part of the traps, altho i dont get bruising.

weird, i put it on my neck.

once i learned where to put it, i no longer get any bruising or abrasion. I squat 315 or so... if you arnt putting up a lot more then that and you are messing up your back you are doing it wrong. if you are messing up your neck, you are definitely doing it wrong

anyone use that safety squat bar with the handles out front that christophers mentioned? I'd love to try it out but my gym doesn't have it looks like it would take a whole lot of strain off the shoulders

DoublasM2 anyone use that safety squat bar with the handles out front that christophers mentioned? I'd love to try it out but my gym doesn't have it looks like it would take a whole lot of strain off the shoulders My gym has one but it looks like somebody made it in their garage. I'll eventually try it.

i start with 365 as my starting set, and i get bruises after my entire workout. esp after goin up to 405 for my last set... dam i love squats. unfortunately today is back/bi day.

Atenza6i i start with 365 as my starting set, and i get bruises after my entire workout. esp after goin up to 405 for my last set...

b-stevens oops, wasn't paying attention while typing. i start with 315 as a first set, then go to 365, and move on up and eventually get to 405 as my last set.

i only get it after not having squatted for a while. like weeks at a time. ibthatshouldneverhappen sorry, was involved in a car accident...back hurt like a (#&@#@

Atenza6i back hurt like a (#&@#@ You don't warmup for squats? you just jump right into the 315?

uh, i jog for a minute or so to get the blood flowing, stretch, and i get into 315. i don't see whats so wrong with jumping into 315.






















Bar placement for squats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts