Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Help Me! Injury = No Working Out! Should i start cutting then?

Help Me! Injury = No Working Out! Should i start cutting then?


Well as many of you know yesterday i hurt my right hand finger due to football. So theres no way I can do any type of lifting excerise or anything dealing with the upper body. But i can still do cardio and run. The question i have is I'm around 180 now and i do NOT want to lose my mass. But at the same time i do not want to become fat. Should i just take enough protein for the next 6wks(when the injury should be cured) and jog/cardio 3-4 times a week? I usually dont do a lot of joggin i usually do HIIT. I'm totally in the dark on what i should do! If those who say bulk, i cannot at this time as i am preparing for flag football. So i need to stay certain weight to stay quick at the same time. Stats 5'6 180 Probably in teens on bf%

eat at maintence, maybe a little higher and dont do any cardio ...breaks are good every once in a while edit i guess you could throw in some cardio 2x a week

Yeah, eat at maintainence and take a break from lifting. Some cardio wouldn't hurt, but you might lose some muscle mass. Age/height?

how long will it take for you to recover?

AmCo Well as many of you know yesterday i hurt my right hand finger due to football. So theres no way I can do any type of lifting excerise or anything dealing with the upper body. But i can still do cardio and run. The question i have is I'm around 180 now and i do NOT want to lose my mass. But at the same time i do not want to become fat. Should i just take enough protein for the next 6wks(when the injury should be cured) and jog/cardio 3-4 times a week? I usually dont do a lot of joggin i usually do HIIT. I'm totally in the dark on what i should do! If those who say bulk, i cannot at this time as i am preparing for flag football. So i need to stay certain weight to stay quick at the same time. Stats 5'6 180 Probably in teens on bf% Man up nugga.

tyuo could do GHR's, leg press, abb stuff, back exstensions, and maybee some Squats... EDIT: if you just hurt one finger yopu should eb able to do bench too, and maybee even deads, you could use straps, or do 4 finger deads. you could also do GM's

vettedude tyuo could do GHR's, leg press, abb stuff, back exstensions, and maybee some Squats...

Can't you still some machines like a pec deck, or a side lateral raise machine?

You can still work your legs out and probably still do upper body exersices as not all of them require the use of a finger. Eat lots of protein, and try to keep your calories around maintenance.

a finger... unless it's your thumb, you don't need it

it was my pinky heheh but this is a serious injury i had to go to the doctor for and might need to get surgery if i tore something serious. Right now i have a splint on my right pinky . I'm even having a hard time writing and even typing. I can barely can use chopsticks(I'm asian =p) I do not want to try something and end up hurting myself worse then i am now as summer is fastly approaching! Of course im gonna still be working out my legs.

AmCo Of course im gonna still be working out my legs. QUESTION: What do you consider working out your legs? HIIT?

HIIT and leg presses,squats,etc

22 5'6 180 xpinchx Yeah, eat at maintainence and take a break from lifting. Some cardio wouldn't hurt, but you might lose some muscle mass. Age/height?

i see another doctor tomorrow but i was reading online and it usually takes around 6 weeks unless i need surgery which is longer. jonno how long will it take for you to recover?

I'm gonna try to use some machines and excerise that uses just the palm of my hands so i can aleast get some type of workout in for each bodypart.

SteveO a finger... unless it's your thumb, you don't need it Basically, I just wouldnt do heavy weighted deadlifts.

AmCo 5'6 180 Probably in teens on bf% pics?

hit up a nautilus pullover machine if you have access to one, great lat workout with no hands involved. this shouldn't really change much, you should be able to workout every body part in some way or another still. i wouldn't change my whole diet around this.

i just got back from the doctor, I should be out for a good six weeks. The item he placed on my right hand has really limit my movement of it. I doubt i can find barely any excerise that i can do for my upper body. I guess I'm going to cardio and HIIT through the next six week. I'm going to cut my cal. intake and get enough protein. I'm gonna try to get around 10% bf =). Ill post picture after the six week cutting is done. Current weight Today 189 5'6 22

it's stupid to cut while you can't workout

SteveO it's stupid to cut while you can't workout why is that? I'm just trying to lose some bf.

AmCo why is that? I'm just trying to lose some bf. because you have no way of maintaining your strength and your muscles will start to wither away with a depletion of calories because there really is no need for them if you're not using them.

SteveO because you have no way of maintaining your strength and your muscles will start to wither away with a depletion of calories because there really is no need for them if you're not using them. its stupid to bulk if you can't work out as well. you really can't manipulate diet without manipulating exercise (to get any respectable results). Its like trying to just buy the nails and no hammer, or vice versa

nukegoat its stupid to bulk if you can't work out as well. you really can't manipulate diet without manipulating exercise (to get any respectable results). Its like trying to just buy the nails and no hammer, or vice versa yeah but it's a whole lot easier to lose fat than gain back muscle. I'm not implying that he bulks, but just sit around maintenace level until this injury is gone

Help Me! Injury = No Working Out! Should i start cutting then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts