Monday, December 2, 2013

So I'm thinking of upgrading my set of weights **PIC**

So I'm thinking of upgrading my set of weights **PIC**


I found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true Are they any good? They're from Meijer apparantly. The appeal of this is that the guy lives a short drive (15 mins?) from me and I can just offer him $20 and I could go out there tomorrow to pick them up. They look plastic in the pictures... What are they filled with? Here's a couple pictures of my "setup" right now. I can only safely put like 50 lbs on there because the grip is so close and it's difficult to set it back down on the rack with any more weight. So I'm thinking of buying the ebay weight set, ditching my current bar, and using my current weights just for pair of dumbells I have. Input?

Perplexed Join a gym. I seriously don't have the money right now. And with the exercises I'm doing now I have most of the resources I need right here at home.

they have 300 lb sets of weights at spots chalet or big 5 (i forget which advertisement) for pretty cheap i just cant see buying a whole bunch of little dinky 10/15 lb plates

i used to have that set you're looking at buying. if i can remember correctly the most i could put on it was like 120. the bar will very very easily bend if you go up to prolly 160. this is all based off memory from like... 4 years ago. the weights are like... a compressed material it felt like. decently solid but basically a solid, wrapped in some plastic. why not just go the 15 miles and check 'em out?

also, if i remember correctly. when i was using the gym set that those weights come with. the bar grip is also pretty narrow. in the picture if you notice, the bar between the clamps that stop the weights from falling off is slightly ribbed. there' s a plastic tube wrapped around the aluminum bar (that weighs like 2 pounds). i'm pretty sure it'd be really narrow too. call/email the guy and have him measure it. then compare that measurment to your own bar's.

princess0fdiabl0 they have 300 lb sets of weights at spots chalet or big 5 (i forget which advertisement) for pretty cheap i just cant see buying a whole bunch of little dinky 10/15 lb plates Well, here's all I could find: http://www.sportchalet.com/product/i...entPage=family 160 lbs for $100 vs 192 lbs for $20 It just seems like a better value . Even if the bar isn't the best quality - I could just buy a new barbell.

that bar can't physically hold 192 pounds of weight, unless u get differnt plates. and in that case, the bar will probably bend in half and you'll be stuck with a useless set of fat lightweights. (the ones that go with that set are only 15 max, but like 3 or 4 inches thick. can't fit many of them on the bar. i know, i've tried)

If you want to see good results you are going to need to buy some good equipment. You need to get either an olympic bar and power rack or actually join a gym.

I think you all just motivated me to get a gym membership. The only one in my area that I know of is a Powerhouse. How much do their memberships usually cost? I can't find shit on their website.

xpinchx I think you all just motivated me to get a gym membership. The only one in my area that I know of is a Powerhouse. How much do their memberships usually cost? I can't find shit on their website. I'd say around $40-$50 a month for Powerhouse..but you never know they might be running a special.

eww i hate looking at equipment like that. squat rack + oly bar

those look like vinyl weights

your hands will get pinched when you are trying to bench, the posts are too close

Gamblor your hands will get pinched when you are trying to bench, the posts are too close I know, it sucks . I also only have like ~50 lbs of weights right now, so I'm not reaching any potential at all. I'm going to give Powerhouse a call tomorrow if they're open. I'm considering hiring a PT for like a half hour just to tour me around so I don't look like an idiot if I try to do something and do it wrong. I have a 3-day trial pass that I got online, so maybe I'll just go in and dick around for a bit and see what I can do.

Even if that was an olympic bar + weights + rack, i'd still get a membership to a gym.




















So I'm thinking of upgrading my set of weights **PIC**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts