Saturday, January 25, 2014

So I finally stopped procrastinating and joined the gym.

So I finally stopped procrastinating and joined the gym.


I have been saying I was going to do it forever now and I finally got off my ass and did it. Anyways after reading the sticky by christophers I have a question. But first my goal I need to get from 33 % BF yes I am a fat ass. To 26 % BF. Or 285 # to 203 # which ever happens first. If I read the sticky right I need to eat ass loads of protein, and lift big. I maxed out at 215 on bench its the only thing I really did other than spend 45 minutes on the tredmill today. Will protein plus large weight get rid of my fat? I am in a hurry like 3 months to get down to 26 % Is this possible? If it is any help setting up a diet and work out routine would be greatly and I mean so greatly appreciated. Im going to read the noob sticky right now but here is what I have sort of set my diet at any corrections would be great. After reading the sticky I am thinking of upping protein even more and cutting out alot if not most of the carbs. Good or bad idea? Daily calories 2250 Protein intake 275 grams Fat intake 20 % 450 calories Carbohydrates = rest of calories

christophers the diet looks fine. lift + do cardio 3-4 times a week and youll be fine. Are there any specific exercises I should do? I know arms are pretty much a waste of time, or vanity muscles. The majority of my fat is attached to my gut, chest and legs. Any recomendations on what foods i should be eating to get my carbs and protein. I am on a very limited budget I only make 5.15 a hour so expensive suplements are out of the question.

Damn that sounds dumb I know I cant spot lose fat but I dont know what excersises or lifts to do to get the most benifit.

Silver85327 Damn that sounds dumb I know I cant spot lose fat but I dont know what excersises or lifts to do to get the most benifit. then do the most compound lifts you can... just make sure you get your form right before piling on weight. if you're not worried about "vanity muscles" maybe you could start with christophers "this is what built me a base" routine... http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost....86&postcount=1

christophers do the routine rummy linked you to. a good deal of ppl dont need direct bicep work to get decent arms. I just bookmarked it. Im going to the gym now I am going to research proper form on the excersises you have listed there, and then start that routine on friday.

Real quick what is 5rm? I know everything in your monday routine so Im going to use that today. But i dont have search feature so I cant look to see what 5rm is

just remember you can join every gym in america and not gain any progress, unfortunately the membership card doesn't effect health directly

christophers 5 rep max my suggestion is to take 2-3 weeks of 4 sets of 10 before you go into the routine as designated you must learn proper form before you get into havier stuff. so take the workout and for the areas that say 5rm and 3rm, just do 4 sets of 8-10 I only did 3 sets today. I couldnt get the 4th one up. I think I may have started way to close to my max. For example on my bench I worked 200 # 3x10 and when I went to do my fourth set I had such a hard time getting the bar up I didnt dare try to lower and lift I would have got stuck I know it. On my inclined DB press I forgot what reps i was supposed to do when I got to the gym so I just did 3x8 with 35 # db in each hand. The squats I didnt do as I have never done squats and I couldnt figure out how to use the weird ass rack they have. I did 155 3x10 on DL I was scared to hurt my back so I went easy as I wasnt sure on my form. Im going to try going a bit earlier in the day so I can catch some of the guys in there to ask for a spot while I figure out my max. I am kind of regreting joining the gym I did. I went in there today and there were 2 females working weighing in at approximatly 135 each around 23ish years old, and 1 guy about 50 years old not fat but soft looking. I am seriously doubting my safety if I try to do GM or find a max on my squats, I know those people would not be able to lift the weight off me.

You can bench 200x10x3 and you just joined a gym?

Ilyusha You can bench 200x10x3 and you just joined a gym? im 6ft tall and weight 285 pounds

Not to mention I do pretty physical labor alot so I dunno, maybe im just naturally strong? Not like you can see any muscle on me I have bitch tits

tuna is a good source of protein...as well as turkey and chicken and eggs

That's still pretty strong for never working out.. that's like a 250lb max or so.

Ilyusha That's still pretty strong for never working out.. that's like a 250lb max or so. are you implying that I am lieing? Thats what I take that smily face to mean.

christophers someone post the bsu.edu exercise site for this guy its lone of the few sites that displays stuff like good mornings correctly. i dont have it bookmarked. This one? http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/exercise.asp It sure looks like a nice gym in those pictures.




















So I finally stopped procrastinating and joined the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts