Monday, January 27, 2014

Finally broke into the 100's with dumbbells

Finally broke into the 100's with dumbbells


Repped 100 3x on flat bench today, I was happy. I broke 90's 3 weeks ago and, on the first attempt, dropped one of the 90lb dumbbells out of my left hand (elbow couldn't take it), picked them up again and repped 4.



I've found it's easier for my elbows to have the weight laying on my chest as I lay down and then use solely my arms to spread out. Before, I was kicking the db's off my thighs as I was laying down and I think the force of slowing the weight down to counter gravity while getting set up was what was fucking with my elbows.



I can shrug 100's

Mystery Guest I can shrug 100's Highest I've gone on shrugs is 90's and I'm good for 5

Are we talking one arm curls or dumbell benching? edit* my guess is benching

7th Ninjai Repped 1000 30x on flat bench today, I was happy. I broke 900's 3 weeks ago and, on the first attempt, dropped one of the 900lb dumbbells out of my left hand (elbow couldn't take it, it snapped, bending backwards, so I took the other dumbell and smashed it back into place), picked them up again and repped 40. Now that's animal intensity, that's animal pride. fixed.

I usually do 70s for incline press after I do BB flat

Opi Are we talking one arm curls or dumbell benching? edit* my guess is benching Benching. One arms curls, I can only do 47.5 on the last set

ralyks fixed. Post more

ChosenGSR I usually do 70s for incline press after I do BB flat I stopped doing barbell indefinitely. My numbers (stopped a ~month or so ago) were 225lbs 5x, 265max on flat. When I first started flat db several months ago, I had trouble with anything beyond 75lbs but I seem to be improving faster as I am focused on it now. My incline is still lacking, I can only get 85 4x on the last set. I tried flat BB last week to see if I had lost strength there, I had trouble pushing 205 6x

7th Ninjai Highest I've gone on shrugs is 90's and I'm good for 5

NoXeN I need to grow some traps

ralyks fixed. animal pak > *

7th Ninjai Benching. One arms curls, I can only do 47.5 on the last set wow... Im using 40 for each arm... I dont feel so shitty anymore

props to that man. too bad my gym doesnt go higher than 100s on DBs, gotta use the bar.

ryazbeck props to that man. too bad my gym doesnt go higher than 100s on DBs, gotta use the bar. Thanks man Mine doesn't either - I guess I'm just going to have to work on increasing reps. I'll be in a new gym this summer, so I guess that will be one of the requirements of wherever I end up.

I finally got the 130's up, maybe by the end of the summer I can have the 150's up!

~stangzorized~ I finally got the 130's up, maybe by the end of the summer I can have the 150's up! 150's What does your gym go up to?

7th Ninjai 150's What does your gym go up to? 150's

in similar news, I broke up in the 100's for incline. about a week ago I jumped up to the 100's on flat, now I do 10x 95, 10x100, 8-10x 100 on flat I think I've almost outgrown the gym at the university.

ManinCamo in similar news, I broke up in the 100's for incline. about a week ago I jumped up to the 100's on flat, now I do 10x 95, 10x100, 8-10x 100 on flat I think I've almost outgrown the gym at the university. I've never tried 100's on incline, but I've done 90's for 6 before. My flat is so much stronger for some reason.

ManinCamo in similar news, I broke up in the 100's for incline. about a week ago I jumped up to the 100's on flat, now I do 10x 95, 10x100, 8-10x 100 on flat I think I've almost outgrown the gym at the university. I started my chest routine with flat this morning: 60x15, 70x12, 80x8, 90x6, and 100x3 I moved to incline db and went 65x10, 75x8, 85x4 I would love to be at 100's for incline, nice work

I usually hold them on the inside of the DB (hands as close as they can be), put the DBs on my knees and roll back so that they are already up in the air.. keep everything as tight as I can and it usually works out fine from there...

Finally broke into the 100's with dumbbells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts