Sunday, January 26, 2014

My shins and knee

My shins and knee


Ok, so for the past 1.5 years I've been practicing brazilian jiu jitsu pretty intensely, 4 times a week and for maybe 2-3 hours each time. Bjj = submission wrestling. So as of late, I've noticed more and more pain coming to my left knee and shin until now its just unbearable to even touch the skin. When i am actually grappling, I hardly feel the pain, but before and after the practice it kills. Any advice as to what I should do?

Take a week off from grappling and let it heal.

Being in BJJ myself (With a patella kneebrace), i'd do as Lurker says and stay out for a week, and wear a basic knee brace/wrap to keep it compressed and see what happens.

have to rest and take a break! you are getting signals and warnings from your body for no reason. if taken care properly, you are gonna be good after, so please be patient for your body to heal. and i suggest when you get back, do proper warm up and stretches before.

I have a kneepad with a gel on it, but still it hurts! I don't think I can have any time off, because I'm training for a tournament in july.

brolli I have a kneepad with a gel on it, but still it hurts! I don't think I can have any time off, because I'm training for a tournament in july. Your choice. Take a week off now with still over 2 months of training time left or keep on with an injury, possibly having to take a break to heal close to the tournament and really lose out on valuable practice time. Even worse would be to develop an injury that takes you completely out of it so that you can't compete in the tournament at all because you didn't want to give your body a chance to heal.

you dont' respect your body, then its over! when it comes down to it, is the tournament more important than your body???

dingo Being in BJJ myself (With a patella kneebrace), i'd do as Lurker says and stay out for a week, and wear a basic knee brace/wrap to keep it compressed and see what happens. is a patella kneebrace just the thin strip that goes accross the knee? what is the purpose/how does it work?

you will have many tournaments ahead, but you only have one patella, knee, etc.
































My shins and knee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts