Thursday, January 23, 2014

For those who do overhead shrugs....

For those who do overhead shrugs....


How much weight do you use? Just curious....

95-135 for sets of 20

Sounds dangerous.

timberwolf How much weight do you use? Just curious.... If your shoulder is hurting then this is a movement I would advise against.

i did them once, and Mr. Rotator Cuff was like " what the hell you doin crazy ass cracka! "

christophers i have never had any rotator issues thx benching properly and not much overhead pressing damn you christophers, damn you to hell...

christophers and no its not cuz of gear, since this gym doesnt use gear often at all. ive never seen a bottle of test squat a grand.

Jeg1983 95-135 for sets of 20 .

Dangerous, unneeded, easily replaced exercise < *

ive been using DBs, 45 lbs each

SteveO ive been using DBs, 45 lbs each Arms locked or not? I assume its limited range of motion?

cbrpimp hold barbell with weight on it above head, and shrug. bloody hell

timberwolf Arms locked or not? I assume its limited range of motion? I lock my arms Yea you don't have a large ROM when doing these

timberwolf Arms locked or not? I assume its limited range of motion? not locked, slight bend

sounds scary, i've never even thought of doing shrugs with weight above you. why would you?

My rotator cuffs punch me in the face when I try it. I've had rotator cuff issues since before I started lifting

overhead shrugs scare me

overhead squats scare me more

Mass ive never seen a bottle of test squat a grand. wrong gear dummy

I usually do a few sets of 20 with 95lbs or so to get warmed up before moving on to DB/BB shrugs.

why in the world would anyone do that? unless youre looking to get injured.

Patrick Bateman why in the world would anyone do that? unless youre looking to get injured. some people want to get big.

I do 25lbs each side of a barbell for 20 reps. I don't lock my arms or else it's too awkward to shrug but pretty close. i love these because they don't kill my hands like normal shrugs

christophers i know i feel bad, but nobody listens to me. we have tons of injuries at my gym. but the one thing we dont have much of is rotator issues, and weh ave 600+ raw benchers. and no its not cuz of gear, since this gym doesnt use gear often at all. its cuz we dont bench with elbows out and we dont overhead press very often. most overhead press once every 2-4 weeks. wait a second...overhead pressed every 2 - 4 weeks? How the hell are you supposed to get big doing that?

christophers since when are overhead presses a requirement to get big gutrat? i know of quite a few pro bodybuilders who do 0 overhead pressing. theres 300+ men at my gym who bench 700+ who do 0 overhead pressing. theres many movements that will give shoulder hypertrophy w/o the neccesary risks of overhead pressing. i know, i know, i know. you guys all know someone who has been overhead pressing for 20 years with no problems. and for that one person i know 15+ who have shoulder issues because of tons of overhead work and elbows out benching. please tell me you meant 30 people or I'm gonna cry and move to cali and go to your gym

For those who do overhead shrugs....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts