Saturday, December 21, 2013

Elbow Injury

Elbow Injury


So today mid chest and tri workout. I notice a killer pain in my elbow, I had problems with it when I was younger but havent the past 3 years I have been training. What can I do to warm it up/ strech pre work out and exercises to make it stronger.

Well, actually, you should rest it for a week AT LEAST. Make sure you warm up your forearms and upper arms. Then gradually work your self up to what you normally lift. Don't keep reinjurying yourself, that's just dumb.

with your injured elbow, make a straight arm. put your palm up and with your other hand pull your palm down. then do it the oppositte way with your palm down and press down on it with your other hand. i disclocated my elbow years ago, so thats how i know. you definitely didnt disloacte your elbow but at least this stretching will get the blood flowing and warm it up a bit.

Well its a bit hard to say what the injury is with 'I noticed a killer pain', anyway, warm up a bit before, and dont lock your elbows Just a side note, one of the main benefits of warming up, is not to 'get the blood flowing' but rather to increase the viscosity of the synovial fluid in the joint capsule surrounding the elbow joint, allowing more frictionless movement. Synovial fluid viscosity decreases with increases in temperature and joint velocity

happened to me a while ago, i worked through the pain and it went away in a few weeks








































Elbow Injury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts