Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Leg Presses... bad for the knees?

Leg Presses... bad for the knees?


It seems like everytime I do leg presses (on a non-reclined machine), my knees hurt afterwards. Maybe I'm just straining the muscles around my knees and not my knees themselves? I don't feel the same strain when I squat though... and I'm wondering if some leg press machines are notorious for putting more strain on the knees. I mean, whereas you can determine the motion of a squat on your own, you kind of have to go with the flow of a leg press machine (in other words, it seems like you have less control). Maybe I'm just doing them wrong altogether. By the way, I usually squat with 2-3 45's on each side and I will legpress with 5-6 45's on each side.

1) don't extend till knee locks 2) make sure that your back is at the right angle if it's an adjustable model 3) place your feet properly, as to where at the lowest position, your knees are not sticking out further than your feet














































Leg Presses... bad for the knees?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts