Thursday, December 5, 2013

Make Oats Taste Better

Make Oats Taste Better


I bought some Rolled Oats (all my store had ) yesterday and cooked them in microwave with water like it said and ate them. Man, they are nasty. Any ideas to make them taste better? How do you guys eat your oats?

I throw in some sliced almonds and a bit some cinnamon and sugar. Various fruit is good too.

I have Whey Protein Shake(chocolate) too. What do you guys put in those to make them taste better. Apparently Blender works best, but I'm not sure what to throw in with it.... maybe fruit?

rebel I have Whey Protein Shake(chocolate) too. What do you guys put in those to make them taste better. Apparently Blender works best, but I'm not sure what to throw in with it.... maybe fruit? banana yoghurt natural pb olive oil ramen . . .

water or milk, 2 scoops chocolate whey, 1 banana, cup of oats, and 1-2 tbsp peanut butter. Obviously you'll need a blender for this, should taste pretty decent.

1.5 packets of splenda and a little vanilla flavoring. it won't taste good, but it will be tolerable

i just put a teaspoon of sugar, it's bearable.

rebel I bought some Rolled Oats (all my store had ) Such as Quaker? that big ass can? What is the issue with rolled oats?

mattyballgame72 Such as Quaker? that big ass can? What is the issue with rolled oats? Most people say Steel Cut Oats is better. I looked for 10 minutes It's a 2lb bag. I gotta start somewhere

Orange Juice Strawberries Bananas 1/4 Cup Whey Protein In Blender Tastes pretty damn good. I guess I could've added ice and it would've tasted a little bit better. edit: maybe I should add Oats next time?

rebel Orange Juice Strawberries Bananas 1/4 Cup Whey Protein In Blender Tastes pretty damn good. I guess I could've added ice and it would've tasted a little bit better. edit: maybe I should add Oats next time? of course it tastes good, you basically made a fruit smoothie with a bit of added protein use more whey, 1/4 cup isn't even 1 scoop of most proteins.

i chop up a banana, and put some cinnomon and 1 packet sucralose. Taste good.

i use very little water. I cant stand it all soupy, ugh

infinite loop 1.5 packets of splenda and a little vanilla flavoring. it won't taste good, but it will be tolerable you got it, sometimes i use raisins

TheMentor i just put a teaspoon of sugar, it's bearable. im gonna give that a shot

so many threads about oats must kill self

grind up oats in mini food processor (could just use a blender) until they are a fine powder, put that + natty PB +banana + ice + 2 scoops chocolate ON whey in a blender, blend, enjoy

jonno so many threads about oats must kill self

I just pour in water. I literally gag uncontrollably and have to stop eating rolled oats after half a serving or I will puke. I can eat steel cut oats all day long. I think it goes back to my boy scout days and the endless week-long camping/backpacking trips where oatmeal was a staple of our diet and I hated it . Wish I had known about steel cut oats when I was 14 .

Chris3G of course it tastes good, you basically made a fruit smoothie with a bit of added protein use more whey, 1/4 cup isn't even 1 scoop of most proteins. Hmm.... should I boost up to like 1/2 cup? or a whole cup? I got ripped on this protein stuff. I got like a pound...maybe less for $15. Bullshit. HEB sucks. Where can I get cheaper Whey Protein? Where can I buy Steel Cut Oats?

rebel Hmm.... should I boost up to like 1/2 cup? or a whole cup? I got ripped on this protein stuff. I got like a pound...maybe less for $15. Bullshit. HEB sucks. Where can I get cheaper Whey Protein? Where can I buy Steel Cut Oats? Yeah $15 for a pound is pretty bad. Optimum Nutrition whey is pretty popular around here because it's decent nutritionally and it's pretty cheap, even it if it isnt the best tasting..around $30 for 5lbs. I just took a scoop of ON and put it in a measuring cup and 1 scoop is about 1/3 cup...most people use 2 scoops per shake so that's around 2/3 cup assuming the stuff you have is similar. Do you have any serving size/nutritional data?

in for where to buy steel cut

Vitamin cottage (not sure if its local to colorado only ) has steel cut oats for $2 for 24 oz.

Opi in for where to buy steel cut Local healthfoods store Local grocery store Cook them if possible.

pt Local healthfoods store Local grocery store Cook them if possible. I checked the local Giant (grocery store) they only had rolled I guess I need to try the healthfood store

Make Oats Taste Better

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts