Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lateral raises

Lateral raises


I've always done'em with my elbows slightly bent... but I see people doing them with their elbows bent at 90 degrees... (allowing them to use much heavier weights). Personally, I feel that's it's kinda a cheat... but I bought that "Poliquin's Principles" book by Charles Poliquin (the "Guru"), and he favors the 90 degrees form... anyway, I was just wondering what you guys think is better.

I like 90 degrees too, just for the sake of going heavier. The further to the side I go, the more it feels like a rear delt

SteveO I like 90 degrees too, just for the sake of going heavier. The further to the side I go, the more it feels like a rear delt same, i feel like it hits the medial head more

90 degrees, RONNIE STYLE! When I do them like that I tend to use my traps at the top of the movement a lot more.

you can do either, depending on your condition and your goal! but in general, you should not lock your knees and elbows while lifting. but if you have the joints, ligaments, tendons to support your 90 degree or whatever you want to do, go ahead.. but i recommend everyone slightly bending on your knees, elbows, etc to protect your joints!

devilangel you can do either, depending on your condition and your goal! but in general, you should not lock your knees and elbows while lifting. but if you have the joints, ligaments, tendons to support your 90 degree or whatever you want to do, go ahead.. but i recommend everyone slightly bending on your knees, elbows, etc to protect your joints! You seem to have missed the whole "elbows BENT at 90 degrees" thing.

cavefish You seem to have missed the whole "elbows BENT at 90 degrees" thing. shit, i DID miss that part! hahahha correction = 90 degree is NOT locking your elbows! 0 or 180 is. but i also train with variation of degrees since it activates different muscles in a different way .

hmmmmmm I must have word it wrong... cause most of you are replying, favoring the 90 degree form, but yet... according to the poll, most have voted "near" straight arm form... (NOT 90' degree)

your elbows at 90° is called an L-lateral raise
































Lateral raises

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts