Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Training for endurance instead of strenght and mass?

Training for endurance instead of strenght and mass?


I'm new to the world of training but after getting back on my dirtbike today for the first time since winter I realized how completely out of shape I am. I am plenty strong and already pretty thin with little to no fat on me. My question is what kinds of exercises should I do to build Endurance instead of strenght and mass. I know that with more strength comes endurance, but in the sport of motocross it pays to be as light as possible. My plan is to just do 30-45 minutes of cardio every single day wearing all of my riding gear to simulate the extra weight and also heat retention. I plan to do my cardio on a Healthrider machine (Don't laugh, it's all i've got, and 30 minutes on it when it's 90 outside will put a workout on you) but I was also wondering what kind of exercises besides cardio I can do to help out with endurance in my arms/wrists/fingers as these are the first parts of my body to wear out. It actually gets to the point that I can't even pull in my clutch lever no matter how bad I want to because my whole arm is numb. My fingers and wrists go completely numb to the point that it hurts to move them at all for about 5 minutes after I pull off the track. Any ideas on how to improve forearm endurance without adding mass, because adding mass will actually cause my arms to pump up quicker.

ibgrouch COC grippers will help you














































Training for endurance instead of strenght and mass?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts