Monday, January 6, 2014

I need to lose as close to 30 lbs as I can in 9-10 weeks

I need to lose as close to 30 lbs as I can in 9-10 weeks


Am I crazy? I'm 5'11", 230 lbs, and I'm aiming to be around 200 come the second week of June. Thinking about going in, lifting weights for an hour or two, and then going to do some heavy cardiovascular (sp) for another hour or two. Suggestions? Death Warrants? EDIT: Changed the weekage to 10-15 weeks. If I start this Sunday (and start counting weeks from there) this will give me until the early/middle part of July to reach the weight limit I'd like.

Military?

and you have 2 months you should be able to pull it off if you seriously commit yourself. Read Christophers want to lose fat sticky

Military might be easier Going to Australia to meet up with an ex-girlfriend temporarily, whilst visiting another girl. I want this, basically, to be as much of a 'look what you lost'-type of thing. Yeah, it's a shitty reason, but I've been trying to get up the motivation to start working out again, and I believe, that this would be a good one. Reading the guide right now, btw.

3lbs/week is what you need to lose. Which is a 10,500 calorie per week deficit, which is roughly 1500 calories/day under maintenance. It can be done, but it'll be tough.. and you will lose muscle in the process.

As I said, as close to 30 lbs as I can get by the second week of June. I also could probably push the deadline back to the end of June, but that'll be pushing it. Anybody have suggestions on food ideas? I see from the fat thread to avoid certain things, and to have more of others. Wonder if odd, shitty meals like Tuna Helper (ugh.) might have anything good out there. I've honestly never scouted specifically for higher-health foods

Hezkezl As I said, as close to 30 lbs as I can get by the second week of June. I also could probably push the deadline back to the end of June, but that'll be pushing it. Anybody have suggestions on food ideas? I see from the fat thread to avoid certain things, and to have more of others. Wonder if odd, shitty meals like Tuna Helper (ugh.) might have anything good out there. I've honestly never scouted specifically for higher-health foods It really doesn't matter WHAT you eat, but how MUCH you eat.

Or how little?

Hezkezl As I said, as close to 30 lbs as I can get by the second week of June. I also could probably push the deadline back to the end of June, but that'll be pushing it. Anybody have suggestions on food ideas? I see from the fat thread to avoid certain things, and to have more of others. Wonder if odd, shitty meals like Tuna Helper (ugh.) might have anything good out there. I've honestly never scouted specifically for higher-health foods Tuna fresh veggies Im all out of ideas

Hezkezl Or how little?

I hear you can live with no food for about 2 weeks. Maybe you shouldnt eat at all.

How's this sound: Monday: Legs (Squats and the like, probably) Tuesday: Arms/Chest (Benchpressing, Arm Curls, etc) Wednesday: Abs/Stomach (Crunches, situps, etc) Thursday: Arms again Friday: Legs again Saturday: Running Sunday: A certain video game (that I have been playing for years, but is now slowly catching on with the media as a 'weightloss'-type game) that I'm sure some people on here don't like. DDR! (Note, that I'm at the extreme upper levels on this game, and I can easily go from being completely normal, to arms, legs, lungs dead, flat on the ground gasping for breath, a minute and a half later) Also note, that after every day (except Saturday) I will be accompanying it with a half hour-hour jog/run around my local high school track. Suggestions? Comments? IBddrisghey.

Ilyusha Wasn't planning on NOT eating, but cutting back, to me, severely

I'm losing about 3lbs per week on a 1400 cal diet while working out.

Soularis I'm losing about 3lbs per week on a 1400 cal diet while working out. Details?

Hezkezl Details? His maintenance is ~3000 calories/day.

Soularis I'm losing about 3lbs per week on a 1400 cal diet while working out. and im losing the same on a 2400 or so diet. everyone is different

Hezkezl Details? Lift 3 days a week, cardio once, but I also do kickboxing and grappling twice a week. When I'm home I try to keep as busy as possible, doing light ab and core work including a lot of medicine ball stuff especially when watching TV. If I eat too many calories I'll try to do a little something before bed, even if it's just some jumping jacks or push ups.

Are you trying to lose weight? Gain muscle? With your routine there you might be over working yourself a little. I'd do it more like: Monday: Arms/Chest Tue: Off Wed: Legs + squats Thur: Off (you can do arms if they're fully regained Fri: Abdominals/Back + dead lifts Sat: HIIT (sprinting, interval training) Sun: Off (legs again if you can muster the strength. I wouldn't recommend it.) I normally wouldn't recommend working out more than 4 times a week. After that point you'd be doing more harm to your body than good. Instead of jogging everyday I'd just recommend medium-light cardio activity. Walk your dog, go for a walk, a bike ride, play some basketball, etc. You don't have to run around a track to do cardio. Also, 30 lbs is almost too much to lose over the course of 15 weeks. Instead of focusing on losing weight, I'd focus more on changing your body composition. Get lots of protein and eat very clean so you don't lose so much muscle mass. Focus on a different number than how much you weigh. You can do some form of body composition tests, or use measurements (chest, waist, arms, legs, etc) to keep more accurate measurements of your health. Weight can be deceiving. For your diet, don't look to "healthy alternatives" (ie chicken sandwich from Wendy's instead of hamburger from McDonalds) just eat healthy. Focus on "clean" protein-rich foods like bonless/skinless chicken breasts, fish, tuna, oatmeal, fruits, veggies, etc. If you want to lose 2lbs a week then there won't be much room for cheating. Check out the various archived threads and the stickies in this forum for a wealth of diet/exercise info. Good luck, be safe.

Thanks everybody for the replies My main problem, is this odd beer gut I seemed to have grown.. I'm willing to do almost whatever it takes, to get it as gone as possible Guess I'll change from focusing on what my weight is, to my gut size! I'll give your suggestions a try, xpinchx, as well as, obviously, some of what's listed in the newb fat losing thread. I do agree that running everyday might be a bit much, I just sketched out a rough idea for ideas. Thanks again for the ideas, keep 'em comin Edit: I've actually got some huge-ish legs. Mainly, from doing the above video game that I mentioned, just about every week for the past 2 years. I think I can whip them back into a little bit better shape, and muster up the leg muscle to do another set of leg workouts during the week










I need to lose as close to 30 lbs as I can in 9-10 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts