Thursday, January 16, 2014

Grilled chicken breasts - how do you cook em?

Grilled chicken breasts - how do you cook em?


I'm going to start on a stricter diet today and was thinking I could get away with cooking chicken just once a day. Say, throw 4 breasts onto my Foreman grill, have 2 for lunch, 2 for dinner. Alternate BBQ with other marinades. I wanted to minimize time in the kitchen cooking. I was wondering what you guys do for your meat, whether it is chicken or something else. I am on a strict schedule with work and school and don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.

I cook em' 12 at a time on sunday in the oven, then I'm set for at least 3 or 4 days.

sprite I cook em' 12 at a time on sunday in the oven, then I'm set for at least 3 or 4 days. Hmm, I could do that too. Just mic them for dinner time.

They just taste better baked/roasted to me. Foreman grill seems to dry them out and make them tough.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1037529 massive thread in the archives with tons of recipes to keep you occupied

with heat

how do you cook grilled chicken breasts? hmm, got me.

you can boil split chicken breasts in a big pot for like an hour and that'll last a few days. the meat just falls off the bone so you have filets pretty much.

can't help, sorry. i only cook uncooked meat

ryazbeck you can boil split chicken breasts in a big pot for like an hour and that'll last a few days. the meat just falls off the bone so you have filets pretty much. thats the best imo. easy as hell and you dont have to spring for bonless/skinless breasts which are expensive as fuck. i get split breasts with skin and bones on em for 99 cents a lb and stock up that way, when boneless skinless is 3 bucks a lb or more.

I sometimes cook a whole 10-lb pack from costco in the oven in a big glass pan; olive oil and pepper, or random seasonings, lasts several days. Lately though I've been cooking extra at dinner for the next day..it tastes a *lot* better when it's not two days old. Today's chicken: pan-seared with white wine worcestshire sauce and dijon mustard. Mm.

i have a broiling pan and do 6 at a time in the oven then i just keep them in the fridge till i need them.

If you guys like to buy whole split chicken breasts than i recomend that you make some Chicken Catchatori !!! You got everything you need, the protein in the chiken, vitamin C and other non-essential vitamins in the Tomato sauce, and of course a ton of carbs in the pasta for energy (if not on strict diet) http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...hatori,FF.html It takes soemtime to cook, but you can cook quantities of it at a time and it'll last you up to 2-3 days. It's a complete meal that will get you away from the usual bland chicken.

So most of you guys bake or broil the chicken instead of grill? interesting...I don't know jack about baking/broilings. Guess I'm going to check out that other thread.

Soak them in italian dressing for 24 hours and then grill on the foreman or if I don't have time to marinate I just put few slices in them and stick a little butter in the slices then cover with some salt and pepper and grill.

Olive oil, salt & pepper, grill it on the foreman. Then I cut them into strips and put it in the fridge. I usually eat the leftovers cold with rice, salad, or in a tortilla

I just put on grill, cook, eat. Not much flavor but fuck it. You get full either way no matter the taste.

Foreman grill- crushed black pepper, real lemon juice and seasoning salt Turkey- ground, add taco seasoning and apply to some romaine lettuce= turkey taco salad with picante sauce as dressing

tize i bake them. right now i have 5lbs of chicken breast marinating in a ziplock with half a bottle of italian dressing Finally tize does something right (Damn you and your bumping myspace threads.)

If you have time, my favorite way is to cube the chicken, the pan fry it in olive oil with a little soy sauce. I usually add some peanut at the end and carmelize them just a little, then eat everything as a chicken ceaser salad. Sooo good.

i used to buy tons of foster farms chicken breast from costco. they are precooked, so i just microwave them....

knowledge If you have time, my favorite way is to cube the chicken, the pan fry it in olive oil with a little soy sauce. I usually add some peanut at the end and carmelize them just a little, then eat everything as a chicken ceaser salad. Sooo good. I do something similar, but I just go ahead and make it stir fry.

broil them. Cover them in your favorite spice, throw it all in the oven and watch it as it cooks- only takes 10 or so minutes on broil...fit as many as you can in there.

Coat in Cajun spice and pan fry with a little olive oil.


Grilled chicken breasts - how do you cook em?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts