Tuesday, January 7, 2014

For those who know Max OT

For those who know Max OT


What do you think of the 'muscle memory' postulation? I can almost always use heavier weights at the beggining of my set rather than at the end, but is this hurting my long term gains? Or does it only apply if youre 100% using Max OT?

I have no idea what you're talking about but... if I attemp a 1rm before doing my sets, I can't do nearly as much reps or sets

this shit is bananas, b, a, nan, a, s!

PreemO this shit is bananas, b, a, nan, a, s!

Um, the thing about Max OT that I read said that your muscles adapt based on your last set, so if you do your heaviest set first and your lighter sets later on than your muscles will adapt to your lighter sets...

Sounds like you read another AST Paul Cribb artical to me, you gotta learn to stay away from those.

therealdeal Um, the thing about Max OT that I read said that your muscles adapt based on your last set, so if you do your heaviest set first and your lighter sets later on than your muscles will adapt to your lighter sets... same principle behind CP. based on a study i posted a while back.

The question is, what do you guys think about it? Like I said before, I find I can lift a lot more weight when my muscles are fresh. Its not that I'm not going to failure on my last set, its just that the failure for my last set is a lesser weight than my first set.

Mike McDermott how is that the same principle behind cp? dont you prgressively up the weight on CP ME days? even on DE days, throw in a heavier set at the end on occasion. this trains your muscles toward the heavier weight. i dont have time to find the articles, but they are there.

therealdeal The question is, what do you guys think about it? Like I said before, I find I can lift a lot more weight when my muscles are fresh. Its not that I'm not going to failure on my last set, its just that the failure for my last set is a lesser weight than my first set. if your looking to follow max-ot it doesnt work that way. heaviest you can consistently lift for 2-3 sets of 4-6 reps. if you cant do 4, go lighter, if you can do more than 6, go heavier. dont forget the 3-4 sets of warmup weight. personally, i think its a great program. my only suggestion, which i dont remember being in there, is to rotate the daily compound movement every few weeks. i hit CNS failure bgi time about 7-8 weeks in.






























For those who know Max OT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts