Tuesday, January 7, 2014

are hacksquats a decent replacement for regular squats?

are hacksquats a decent replacement for regular squats?


I just can't hold any decent amount of weight on my back after fucking up my shoulder. how does the similarity in form with dl's stack up? just emphasis on quads rather than posterior chain?

decent yes, but nothing replaces the squat. There good for uses different foot positions to target inner and outer heads.

I am not even familiar with that term.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...HackSquat.html are they better than say leg pressing? i'd like to get one of those cambered or safety bars for squatting but i don't feel like dropping 300+ plus bucks on one

I thought hack squats worked your quads more, I am sure it is a good exercise to do sence you can't do regular squats but they are not a complete replacement. I would go with a combo of leg press and hack squats.

Also I have difficulty doing this exercise, the bar really rubs the back of my calfs and when it gets to my butt it gets stuck under it and I am not completely standing errect yet. Anyone else have this problem?

front squats

cunninglinguist front squats negative, still have shoulder issues

barbell hack squats put your quads on fire....just make sure you don't neglect your hammies

Ceaze barbell hack squats put your quads on fire....just make sure you don't neglect your hammies thats old school and awesome, I almost dislocated my shoulder doing them though back in the day. Make sure your on the right side of the bar after strapping in. and dont step over

I only do front squats.




























are hacksquats a decent replacement for regular squats?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts