Monday, January 20, 2014

lets talk Jerky

lets talk Jerky


I'm trying to eat real clean right now and was wondering how bad jerky is for you. I know its a great source of protein, but how loaded with sodium is it? Is it somthing I can incoropate into my diet every day? or a treat? Also, over at www.smokedmeats.com where I order, they have salmon jerky, any dietary info on that?

Usually a lot of sodium. Look up the nutritional info.

I'm no jerky-ologist but I believe smoked jerky has less sodium than your traditional cured jerky.

it's pretty salty

Beef jerky is an awesome snack. The salmon jerky probably has similar nutrition content, maybe a tiny bit less fat (beef jerky doesn't have much to begin with).

what?

damn $34 a lb? i thought the 4 oz bags for 5 bucks was expensive too. i love beef jerkey, i dont give a fuck about sodium either but i can't afford it

Just get a dehydrater and make your own. Tastes alot better and probably ALOT better for you.

tize make your own, i did it once very easy and tastes so good is that post in the archives?
































lets talk Jerky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts