Friday, January 10, 2014

I need help bulking up *specific situation*

I need help bulking up *specific situation*


alright, I did a search, however i have specifics in my question which arent going to be addressed in the other threads/stickies. also, i cant take much of 56k before i want to blow my brains out. making thread = the answer. anyway, all i hear at college is girls pointing out how buff guys are hot blah blah blah. anyway.. im very skinny, and i have a metal bar in my chest (pectus excavatum was the condition i had before the procedure. its called the nuss procedure. google image nuss.jpg and pectus excavatum to see it). basically chest is caved in, an the bar they inserted to "pop" my chest out prevents muscle growth on my chest. Anyway, I want to bulk up my arms, shoulders, stomach, legs (for when wearing shorts). but i dont watn to do it so much, because bulking uip my chest wont work (ive tried.. a lot). and i dont want it to be were im bulky everywhere except my chest, that would be prolly a bigger turnoff than just being skinny The other thing is, all i have here at home is dumbells, so thats what i have to make due with (no gym around, so dont bother telling me to do that). What exercises can i do to bulk up what i mentioned? i dont want to get ripped obviously.. and i have an extremely high metabolism.. i just want to gain some muscle mass so im more cut looking, and not skinny. (ive been told toning is different than bulking. one is where you go for more strength and less mass, and the other is vice versa. if this is true, which im not sure, then i want to increase mass as much as possible (muscle, not just weight gain).. i dont care really if im extra strong or not. im not oging to be fighting anyone btw, im 19, 6'1" and roughly 155 lbs (lst time i checked).

Eat....alot! deadlift,squat, pullup(get a pullup bar for your doorway) sleep enough repeat.

what kind of weight dumbells do you have? go to a sporting goods store and buy the following... olympic weight bar, some plates in pairs, and a pullup bar for a doorway....should be able to get everything for ~100$

Hmm.. i dhave to check the dumbells. theyre very nice silver ones though that my parents got. they go through like 1 lb to 30 lbs or something. anyway, theres one problem with this whole thing... i cant eat a lot. i know everyone will call bullshit. however.. my mom is a health freak and all we have in our fucking house is random things of celery and bags of grain.. occassionally we will have hcicken.. but basically we have NO food in our house. i also dont have a job now, so i cant go out and buy anything. I will try though to buy some cans of tuna (is that an ok substitute?). also, ill go to the used sporting good store to look for those things, but until then could you list some exercises i could do that would help me bulk up my arms (most importantly), shoulders, calfs and stomach? Thanks

Then get the fuck out

tize i already did bitch Youre in here replying.

zaphod Youre in here replying. don't pay attention to him....he's just a troll

So cliffs is that you want to bulk but you can't go to a gym or eat very much. My suggestion is to start looking for a magic pill.

Its not like im already toned and I want to get huge and bulky by carefully making weight routines and eating 500000 calories a day... im skinny in the first place with no muscle. all i want is a little muscle on my arms, and i figured i could do that with just dumbells.

oh, i see. ill get those things then to eat next time she goes to the store. so should i just do curls or something? I can figure out how to use the dumbells, but i just needed help with how many (and what) different exercises are good. I dont think just 1 is good, but i also dont want to overdo it, thats why i came here. its just arms, shoulders, legs, stomahc, so i didnt think it would be too complicated to make a simple routine i could do. thanks for the help guys

thanks Also, i checked yesterday. it's 5lbs - 60 lbs Thats exactly what i wasl ooking for though

Wow this is good stuff. Is a flat press the same as a bench press? Also, if i eat a lot, and do this everyday (should i skip a day?) how long do you tihnk it will be before i see even tiny results? I know it's not overnight, but i dont have any muscle to start iwth

Erik_sr20 at a minimum I would take a day off every week if your workouts are short (like 20mins) or so. I take a day off once every 4 days and my workouts go for about an hour and 15 minutes. It wont take long to see results. Was about 3-4 weeks when I began seeing differences in my arms and shoulders. Awesome We'll see how this goes.

Should it really burning at the end of each set? or is that too much weight.. with the bicep i can barely lift it towards the end of the 3rd set, so i assume i should use less. the only thing is the next one down is 5 pounds lighter so it seems way too light.

hey man, theres gotta be muscles in your chest, im sure they will grow, you just need to eat, and work your chest out, im sure its going to be harder, considering your condition, but just work that shit out man and you'll be pimpin the ladies in a few months.

My only question is why can't you bulk your chest? The fact that you can raise your arms in front of you means that the muscle is there and working. Did the doctor tell you that you are not to overstrain the muscle through things like benching?

Well, its really shitty I can't work out because theres a bar that goes through my chest, and it restricts the muscles, like if i flex, my pec muscles go straight down as soon as it hits the bar. the bar is also lassoed to my ribs and it hurts like fuck doing a benchpress (nothing else hurts for some reasont hough). i can trya gain though, but the main thing is the bar pushes the muscle and it cant grow. during school i worked out for a month straight and i got really bulky above the bar, and then it takes an extreme taper at the bar (nipple level) and then its all ribs btw, i just got done working out now, feels good it will loook really bad w/o chest muscles though. i can take pics.. its really weird looking witht he bar.

you just said it grows until the bar, so fuck it, grow that shit over the bar and look like a fucking pimp with a huge chest. if anyone asks tell em, i got a bar in here and i still got a bad ass chest, bitch. seriously just grow your chest, who cares about the taper

ryazbeck you just said it grows until the bar, so fuck it, grow that shit over the bar and look like a fucking pimp with a huge chest. if anyone asks tell em, i got a bar in here and i still got a bad ass chest, bitch. seriously just grow your chest, who cares about the taper People like you make OT worth while, unlike that cockmuncher tize

hmm.. i just realized something. when you h ave barely any muscle at all on your chest, is it "bulky" on top and tapers off to nothing near the ribs? I just examined closer.. and the muscle is bulky on top and it tapers off to the bar, but maybe thats because i havent worked out the lower part of the muscle, and it just tapers off at the bar by coincidence. ill post pics and you can tell me if tahts normal for a skinny person, or if its because of the bar. im gonna go eat like 6 fucking sandwiches now, so ill do it later

ok.. here are pics of my chest. is this normal and the muscle tapers sharply off by the bar just by coincidence? yeah, im skinny

I can see what you mean. I'd try bulking up first (hit those incline presses) and if your chest doesn't get bigger it could be the surgery problem But as it is, you're probably just thin

ps. most thin people look like that...don't let the surgery discourage you just hit the weights and eat

Ok thats what I like to hear

Well, let us know if a certain exercise causes you pain (beyond just getting sore), and we can recommend others. If bench press might actually damage that bar's attachment to you, then you could try something like DB flys or a pec deck.

I need help bulking up *specific situation*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts