Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Calories in a gram of carbs/protein/fat?

Calories in a gram of carbs/protein/fat?


What are the calories in a gram of protein, fat and carbohydrate? I am setting up my diet and I want to do it right. The numbers I came up with are 4 calories per gram for protein, 3.5 cals per gram for carbs, and 9 calories per gram for fat. I wonder if those are right. Thanks!

4 per carbs. rest of the #'s are right. you can find this on a cereal box

nonplus 4 per carbs. rest of the #'s are right. you can find this on a cereal box Well i'll be damned. Thanks!

Well then lets use this thread for something else. On my diet that I am starting next week, I need to eat around 2250 - 2450 calories a day at the beginning(205 lbs). I am wondering should I eat my bigger meals earlier in the day and tick myself down towards the end and eat my carbs in the morning?

Try to eat a good lump of your carbs before your work out... assuming you are lifting too?

iwishiwascool Try to eat a good lump of your carbs before your work out... assuming you are lifting too? Definatly, I just finished writing up a routine. But I workout at like 10 in the morn after waking up at 8:30 - 9:00 so I will eat a carb breakfast, oatmeal and english muffins Workout Sunday: Boxing/Jump Rope Monday - Back/Biceps Deadlifts - 4 x 8, 4, 4, 6 Chin-ups - 3 x 6, 6, * Row Machine - 3 x 6, 6, 6 Barbell Bicep Curls - 3 x 6, 6, 6 Hammer Curls - 2 x 8, 8 Hanging Leg Raises - 4 x 15, 15, 15, 15 Mon Night: Running Tuesday: Boxing/Jump Rope Wednesday - Legs Squats - 4 x 8, 4, 4, 6 Squat Press - 3 x 6, 6, 4 Leg Curls - 3 x 8, 8, 6 Calf Raises - 4 x 15, 15, 15, 15 Wed Night: Running Thursday: Boxing/Jump Rope Friday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps Dumbbell Incline - 4 x 8, 4, 4, 6 Dumbbell Bench - 3 x 6, 6, 4 Arnold Presses - 3 x 6, 6, 6 Upright Rows - 2 x 6, 6 Cable Pressdowns - 3 x 8, 8, 6 Crunches - 4 x 15, 15, 15, 15

looks fine, but you should throw some protein in the mix pre work out too.

iwishiwascool looks fine, but you should throw some protein in the mix pre work out too. I know that, I am going to go through and set out when I should eat at what time during the day for my meals. IE: Breakfast: Calories 600, Carbs 60g, protein 40g, fat 20g etc etc... thats not what I am going to use, thats just an example. I always mix 8oz of OJ and a scoop of whey for my preworkout drink.


































Calories in a gram of carbs/protein/fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts