Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ab help w/newcomer

Ab help w/newcomer


Ive just recently started lifting and brought back my running routine (going on 3 weeks of progress now). I was dormant from the health/fitness routine for about 2 years. Im naturally predisposed to being an athletically built guy, but it seems that even though im down to 166lbs, I cant get my abs back into the shape they once were. Here is a pic of what they look like now. They can be more defined if I flex, but in thier natural state they seem a bit flabby. Im eating about 3k cal per day, working out mildly and downing about 150g of protein. Im not looking to gain alot of muscle mass, but some gains are good. I havent been cutting at all. Is there a good way to get larger abs instead of just losing the weight around them to show them more? On to the pics number 1 show the place that has some def. and good strength (natrual state in pics) Number 2 show area that is flabby and soft. No matter how much I run or how many forms of situps I do, I cant get muscel to form there. Any thoughts?

your abs ahve fat over them, you want em to be more "defined" you are going to have to loose weight, wich is not gonna happen on 3k cals a day.

vettedude your abs ahve fat over them, you want em to be more "defined" you are going to have to loose weight, wich is not gonna happen on 3k cals a day. cal suggestion for a 166lbs 22 year old who works out the basic muscle groups every day? Run about 2 miles ever other day, too. I know you guys are far more informed than I, and im open to suggestions.

notstock93 cal suggestion for a 166lbs 22 year old who works out the basic muscle groups every day? Run about 2 miles ever other day, too. I know you guys are far more informed than I, and im open to suggestions. i suggest reading those majic posts at the top of the forum labbeled stickies and deleating this thread before you get flamed to death, and scared away. or just e-mail that guy named christophers, a hoby of his is making routines and giving out dietign advice, he obnly answers PM's as he is too bussy to post.

vettedude i suggest reading those majic posts at the top of the forum labbeled stickies and deleating this thread before you get flamed to death, and scared away. or just e-mail that guy named christophers, a hoby of his is making routines and giving out dietign advice, he obnly answers PM's as he is too bussy to post. well, I searched under abs, and the threads above deal with general nutrition (which are fantastic threads, BTW) but they are geared more towards the hardcore F&N guy. at any rate, I read the fat loss guide, but im getting conflicting stories from other nutritionists (I work at a gym) about the cal intake.They say 3k calorie intake is pretty much the max for an active guy looking to lose weight, this forum says 11-12x your body waight (no more than 1,900-ish cals for me) Thats why I asked. No need to get hostile. Im already getting everything else pretty much right in that guide (sans a few grams of protein)

notstock93 well, I searched under abs, and the threads above deal with general nutrition (which are fantastic threads, BTW) but they are geared more towards the hardcore F&N guy. at any rate, I read the fat loss guide, but im getting conflicting stories from other nutritionists (I work at a gym) about the cal intake.They say 3k calorie intake is pretty much the max for an active guy looking to lose weight, this forum says 11-12x your body waight (no more than 1,900-ish cals for me) Thats why I asked. No need to get hostile. Im already getting everything else pretty much right in that guide (sans a few grams of protein) uhh well, there stuff is not working, i dont really see how anything up there is hardcore, it is all pretty straitforward and applies to anyone. Your "friends" dont know what they are talkign about.

vettedude uhh well, there stuff is not working, i dont really see how anything up there is hardcore, it is all pretty straitforward and applies to anyone. Your "friends" dont know what they are talkign about. Alright, I didnt post here to for you to condescend to me. I hear one thing, I read another. Just wanted some advice, not someone telling me that its not working. I have a hard time beleiving things that I read on the net and just wanted some informed suggestions.

vettedude is pretty much right. the bottom line here is nothing about your abs, its about the layer of fat over them. now what you knwo you need to do is lose fat, and if you look on the main page it says "Sticky: want to lose fat? L I F T W E I G H T S" and "Sticky: Basic Newb Guide to Fat Loss" so obviously thats where you'd look. if you actually read it you'd know it has everything you need to know and you wouldnt be making this thread

notstock93 well, I searched under abs, and the threads above deal with general nutrition (which are fantastic threads, BTW) but they are geared more towards the hardcore F&N guy. at any rate, I read the fat loss guide, but im getting conflicting stories from other nutritionists (I work at a gym) about the cal intake.They say 3k calorie intake is pretty much the max for an active guy looking to lose weight, this forum says 11-12x your body waight (no more than 1,900-ish cals for me) Thats why I asked. No need to get hostile. Im already getting everything else pretty much right in that guide (sans a few grams of protein) well think about that for a second. does it make sense that a flat amount of 3000 calories would be some kind of special fat-loss limit for any active guy? Why would the numbers be the same for someone who is 150lbs vs someone who is 250? Your calorie requirements are based on your size, and then fine-tuned based on your genetics. So you start at 11-12x bodyweight, track your results, and adjust up or down from there.

Chris3G well think about that for a second. does it make sense that a flat amount of 3000 calories would be some kind of special fat-loss limit for any active guy? Why would the numbers be the same for someone who is 150lbs vs someone who is 250? Your calorie requirements are based on your size, and then fine-tuned based on your genetics. So you start at 11-12x bodyweight, track your results, and adjust up or down from there. THAT is the kind of answer that makes sense to me. I have no nutritional background, so the things that are painfully obvious to everyone here dont even occur to me. Thank you very much for helping me see. Im going to start on a 1,900 cal/day diet and continue my current "mild" routine.

you could crank up that "mild" routine to "vigorous" and burn more calories!

ryazbeck you could crank up that "mild" routine to "vigorous" and burn more calories! I may do that, but right now im audtioning for a part that requires me to not be overtly athletic looking. I don't want to endanger my chances of landing a part if I can help it.


























Ab help w/newcomer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts