Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Splits

The Splits


I want to be able to do the splits. how is this acheived. just through constant practice of stretching the splits position or what? also ive heard that stretching for 1 minute achomplishes no more than 30 seconds of stretching. so how often should i strech, practice, etc to achieve this the quickest ;x man, this sounds really gay.... but im serious.

Dunken I want to be able to do the splits. how is this acheived. just through constant practice of stretching the splits position or what? also ive heard that stretching for 1 minute achomplishes no more than 30 seconds of stretching. so how often should i strech, practice, etc to achieve this the quickest ;x man, this sounds really gay.... but im serious. I usually stretch a muscle for 30 seconds. And in the same sense that you get big numbers in the squat by doing squats, you will best train for doing the splits by practicing them and stretching by attempting to do them. I would stretch twice a day except on leg days and then only do it after your workout.

I used to be able to do the splits. I took karate when I was 8-12 or so and I was so damn flexible. Now I'm just sort of flexible. I don't think I'll ever be able to do the splits again no matter how much I stretch, though.

In high school I was in dance and we had a 30 min stretch warm up everyday. It was awesome. I learned soo many stretches and was really flexible yet I couldn't do the splits. Finally after two weeks of trying anf trying and trying (litterally about a hundred times a day) I finally did them. I was exstatic. Lol.

i wanted to try the splits so i started stretching everyday and kept trying. then one day i was attempting the splits took it a lil to far and felt something like a small tear in my muscle which didnt heal for like 3 weeks... i could feel it everytime i walked, i couldnt run. moral of the story.. dont go overboard on the stretches, it will take time. dont expect quick results.

Hip Hippo I used to be able to do the splits. I took karate when I was 8-12 or so and I was so damn flexible. same here. by the time i was 14 i couldn't do it all any more. A lot easier when you're a kid. Today, that shits just not happening.

i doubt that my hip will ever allow me to do the splits again, but I'm still rather flexible so i dont care.




































The Splits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts