Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Shoulder press with the high seat or the low one?

Shoulder press with the high seat or the low one?


Which would be better? It seems like the high back seat (the reclining one) gives better support, where as the fixed low seat makes you bend your back.

I feel the same way.

I can lift more with a higher seat....its because your putting more of your back and chest into the exercise.....with the lower seat, your restricting only your shoulders to push the weight up. Lower the weight and use the lower seat.

tize i like to stand so i can bend with my knees and really kick the weight up Push Press

I occasionally do shoulder press sitting on the floor. It is *impossible* to cheat in this position..just be prepared to get some dumb looks

Elfling I occasionally do shoulder press sitting on the floor. It is *impossible* to cheat in this position..just be prepared to get some dumb looks never thought about doing that I'd probably fall over or something stupid

i like the low seat

the low seat at my gym has foot bars on it, so I can press up against those and dig myself into the seat. the others do not. I like to low back seat

shastaisforwinners Push Press I love push presses, I just incorporated them into my shoulder workout to switch things up.

I like a low back.






























Shoulder press with the high seat or the low one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts