Friday, January 17, 2014

One of the best workouts I've ever tried

One of the best workouts I've ever tried


I just started Bas Rutten's Mixed Martial Arts work out and it is amazing. I want my workouts to be a challenge everytime, and this one is. When watching the instructional DVD it didn't seem like it would kill me as much as it did. I suggest you all check it out, www.basrutten.tv

I've come close to buying many times, I already have a fairly structured workout so maybe when I make some changes. I've heard only great reviews from it

You too huh? I uh "purchased" it myself and it kicks my ass. Even the 2 minute rounds are killing me, and I'm only doing the boxing/thai boxing routines at this point. The all around fighting workout is HARDCORE.

I'm getting seriously tired of your bullshit, cut it out or I will definitely fuck you up.

I get to have a 2 time iranian pancrase champion /former olympic wrestler yell at me during conditioning- at least in the rutten tapes you can cheat and take a rest

they make you do pretty hard stuff for martial arts. this week just to warm up it was holding a med ball over your head and then hopping in a squat about 60ft. everyone was dead by 30ft and we've done this lots of times before

cavefish I'm getting seriously tired of your bullshit, cut it out or I will definitely fuck you up. thats great

Aluyminyum they make you do pretty hard stuff for martial arts. this week just to warm up it was holding a med ball over your head and then hopping in a squat about 60ft. everyone was dead by 30ft and we've done this lots of times before todays training: warm up/stretch/etc. 14 rounds- 3 minutes each, 15 seconds in between Rounds 1-2 = shadow boxing Rounds 3-6 = bag work Rounds 7-10 = pad work Round 11 = sprints w/stepping Round 12 = sprints w/shuffleing Round 13 = jump rope w/knee ups Round 14 = Jump rope w/single leg (5 on each leg) Then 45 minute non-stop "road work" consisting of: Jogging, reverse jogging, sprinting, shuffle in/outward, sidestep in/outward, bear crawls, crab walks, toe ins, toe outs, hops (feet together), zig-zag inward/outward all around the room, never stopping - clockwise then counter clockwise... then jog to the center and 15 more minutes of: Front/back, side to side, switch hips, quick steps, dive bombers, mountain climbers, hops (in place). My legs hurt

cavefish You too huh? I uh "purchased" it myself E. link?

joy division todays training: My legs hurt you should start a training log http://forums.offtopic.com/forumdisp...ysprune=&f=147

velamint you should start a training log http://forums.offtopic.com/forumdisp...ysprune=&f=147 Kind of impossible to recreate it in a thread on account of our trainer tells us when to do things, its always timed...also alot of the lifts/movements require proper form that you don't want to attempt without being shown but... for example the strength training day is all oly lifts with special weights (one handed); snatch/press/cleans/etc. etc....then there are things like slaloms and turkish getups which have multiple steps to them and are really hard to explain.

I wish there was an mma gym around here...although when I'm not injured any more I'd like to start taking bjj and boxing

yeah I've never seen any place that was so serious about conditioning. Classes are at least 3 hours long, 3 times a week. It takes lots of dedication

joy division Damn! That's a pretty serious routine. How long have you been training? I'm just now making the switch from boxing to MMA.

thats intense. 3 hours, you better be sore!

illmatix Damn! That's a pretty serious routine. How long have you been training? I'm just now making the switch from boxing to MMA. I trained for over a year at the same place back in 2003-2004. I just started up again in january of this year after taking time off for school/work/personal deals. Yeah soreness pretty much rocks me if I don't get proper sleep and nutrition- the trainer makes us go to a nutrition class and we have to set up our own diet. Right now I'm eating ~380g carbs, ~230g protein and ~67g fats.


















One of the best workouts I've ever tried

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts