Thursday, January 23, 2014

Conventional vs Sumo?

Conventional vs Sumo?


Should I be doing both or just stick with one?

powerlifting

so no advantages in switching around now and again?

i cant do conventional, my arms are too short or something

i think sumo is saposed to better mechanically, but it takes alot of practice to get the form down and such. I can pull prettty much the same with both.

thanks man, conventional is a cluster fuck for me at the moment. my gangly legs are all up in there like spaghetti.

I don't know. I'm 6'1, should conventional be easier? It seems like I can lift more with sumo. And it tires out a different part of my back -- am I crazy?

how close is everyone's legs on conventional? My feet are about 6 inches apart, and my arms are right outside my legs.

I put my feet a little less than shoulder width I dont know if I am doing them right or wrong though. I really regret joining the gym I did. And I am just doing conventional as i dont know how to do Sumo at all.

christophers take recorsd on both i pull conv, but i do sumo's for max effort day a lot but i always do speed deads with conv what bodily aspects would be more advantageous for a sumo lift? eg. is it generally suited better to tall guys?

I switch up. I still do some form of deadlift almost every squat/dead day, so to keep from getting stale I do all kinds of variations.

I usually do conventional when training but I've always been able to pull more with sumo.

On DL's I do conv. Seem to be able to get more drive that way, even if I have to pull it higher. On squats I do sumo because it feels more stable and easier on my knees

I have only done conventional.

i squat both and pull sumo right now my conv squat is higher than my wide stance which i am trying to change

I love it.

ajahhahaha wtf bend me over and call me alfred

christophers this is what i think about sumo http://www.playingisforpleasure.com/...ff_Dancing.avi i share the same view as jeff ace of base playing in the background

christophers hes stronger than you, maybe hes onto something http://www.playingisforpleasure.com/...d_12_Hours.avi Apparently not, cuz I listen to that sometimes too

christophers http://www.playingisforpleasure.com/...fe_Is_Hard.avi That guy seems hilarious, and the garage gym looks pretty awesome

my football coaches always taught us to do sumo, so thats how i've been doin it since. today i tried conventional for the first time, and i absolutely loved it, much better than sumo.

I SLDL

I've done conventional when I first started and saw great gains when I switched to sumo, my weight lowered a bit, but it shot back up in no time. I think sumo helps prevent people from cheating. Now, I can do the same, if not more, with sumo than with conventional




Conventional vs Sumo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts